Fabienne's Memorial Day Oct 15

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fabienne's Memorial Day Oct 15

Post by Maya » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm

Gemma wrote:Shortly after I adopted my first greyhound, my husband and I took him to a fenced in park to run (he didn't; he just stood and sniffed the air!). It was a snowy, crisp day in RI and I wore Snow on Bare Skin. There was a moment when we bundled into the car and cranked up the heat, where I could smell the perfume and the warm fur of my dog, and I was so content; it was a dream come true for me. I remember it so clearly. On the day we had to set my sweet grey free, I wore Arc of Venus for comfort, and then returned to Snow on Bare Skin to relive that wonderful day in the snow over and over again.
Welp, that did it. I have managed to not really cry this whole time, and that just...

THIS this is what perfume is and does. It IS our lives. You showed that so beautifully.

And now I need some tissues. That was beautiful and heartbreaking and wonderful and...

Hugs.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Maya wrote:
Gemma wrote:Shortly after I adopted my first greyhound, my husband and I took him to a fenced in park to run (he didn't; he just stood and sniffed the air!). It was a snowy, crisp day in RI and I wore Snow on Bare Skin. There was a moment when we bundled into the car and cranked up the heat, where I could smell the perfume and the warm fur of my dog, and I was so content; it was a dream come true for me. I remember it so clearly. On the day we had to set my sweet grey free, I wore Arc of Venus for comfort, and then returned to Snow on Bare Skin to relive that wonderful day in the snow over and over again.
Welp, that did it. I have managed to not really cry this whole time, and that just...

THIS this is what perfume is and does. It IS our lives. You showed that so beautifully.

And now I need some tissues. That was beautiful and heartbreaking and wonderful and...

Hugs.
*squish* :hug:

Thank you. I really loved what you wrote in another thread:
"Perfume is intimacy. It is beauty. It is how we see the world, and how the world interacts with us--on OUR terms. I love it when someone says they want to hug me just a little longer because I smell so good. I love it when I walk by someone and have them stop me and tell me they like my fragrance. But those are just the frosting on top of the whole of why I wear perfume. Perfume expresses me when I have no words. It allows me to be frivolous when I'm supposed to be serious, or serious when I am supposed to be frivolous. It allows me to engage my senses. It is something I do for ME."
Fabienne touched our lives through her art. :hrt::

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:17 am

My thoughts are with Atropos, as I believe she said her father's service was also yesterday, the same day as Fabienne's celebration of life, and that she had the double loss very close together. Sending love to you, Atropos. :hrt::

samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Thank you all for sharing. Everyone sounds so lovely. ForSpecial thanks for sharing about the service. I wore Moonie in the morning and Madam X when he wore off. It still doesn't seem real. Hopefully lovely wafts of Possets will reach up to Fabienne and she lives on in all her beautiful scents. Xx

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:51 pm

[quote="marisaviola"]My thoughts are with Atropos, as I believe she said her father's service was also yesterday, the same day as Fabienne's celebration of life, and that she had the double loss very close together. Sending love to you, Atropos. :hrt::[/quote

Thank you marisaviola, you, and everyone on this forum have been such a supportive and loving community. For years you have all seen me through tough times and great times. Yesterday was Dad's celebration of life as well. It pains me I wasn't here to support you all, my fellow Possetiers, and fellow perfume addicts. I intend to go back and read all the posts on this thread and see what I missed. I apologize I couldn't do both celebrations. Dad's ran late and I was exhausted at the end.

I hope you all know I was thinking of you here and of Fabienne too, during some quiet moments during Dad's celebration. My love to you all! I am so grateful for this community.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Sharra from Alkemia perfumes posted a beautiful tribute to Fabienne on her website today. I just saw it there tonight. The art she used from a pre-Raphaelite painter seems perfect for Fabienne.

https://www.facebook.com/alkemiaperfumes/

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:06 pm

marisaviola wrote:Sharra from Alkemia perfumes posted a beautiful tribute to Fabienne on her website today. I just saw it there tonight. The art she used from a pre-Raphaelite painter seems perfect for Fabienne.

https://www.facebook.com/alkemiaperfumes/
That is lovely. :hrt::
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!