Hello Possetiers!

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Hello Possetiers!

Post by Jennie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm just checking in with everyone. I want to apologize about not be on the forum on a regular basis. I remember asking Fabienne when she was in hospice about how the forum works.
She wasn't really able to explain it at the time but, I knew that it was important to her.
As I look back at old forum discussions, I see most of you have been with Possets for a long time and know each other well. You have formed friendships with each other and Fabienne.

One of the hard parts for me is trying to fit in. I know it will be a slow process. Fabienne was loved by so many.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and tell you that I am here for you. Feel free to ask me questions or leave a comment.
If you have ordered something online from Possets in the last two weeks, let me know your thoughts.

Fondly,
:hrt:: Jennie
Last edited by Jennie on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boudicca

Re: Hello Possetiers!

Post by Boudicca » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:18 am

Hi Jennie!
This is an outstanding forum, we are lucky to have so many cool people here! We're fairly laid back and don't freak out over little stuff like I've seen on other forums....
I do miss Fabienne terribly, but look forward to hearing more from you! You'll like us, I think, lol!
I ordered a bottle of Howl when you re-opened the shop. I had been panicking before that that I might never get any more of it and that would suck! On many levels! Did I mention the boys love it? ;) Oh, my point was actually that the froppets you so kindly included were ones I've never tried before!! So that rocked. Doesn't happen that often! So, it was all great :)

ETA: I go overboard on the exclamation points! Doing my damnedest to be upbeat and fa la la jolly. :wink:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 am

Jennie, HI (frantic waving from Hanoi!)

It's wonderful to hear from you and I did see your open and warm comment in the other post whihc I have not had a chance to reply to yet.

Like Boudicca said, this is a very cozy forum and everyone is lovely...and also we really want to know about YOU, too. It was nice to hear you have two kids and that you and Tom are trying to do your best to carry on Fabienne's legacy. You cannot imagine how we all appreciate that!

I am really sorry to hear that Gordon is doing poorly...of course. In our virtual worlds, Fabienne was a firecracker, inspiration and bringer of beauty to our lives...so much more so for those who shared her life in real time. When you have the time, please give him hugs from all of us.

Jennie, if you don't mind, I (and I am sure others) would love to know both how you came to meet Fabienne (are you a Cincinnati girl?) and how you got interested in perfumery.

I am really looking forward to going to LA next week to "meet" my full bottles of beloved Possets. :hrt::

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi, Jennie,

It's lovely to hear from you and I would love to get to know you and Tom better--I echo all that the others said. For me, the forum has been a safe and courteous and friendly place to share ideas and impressions and as you said, get to know one another--some friendships have been made here and I really treasure that. The other thing I like about our forum is that the public can read our impressions and access our review materials, and also get a sense of who Fabienne was as a perfumer and a person through her interactions with forum members. I would say compared to other perfume forums I've been part of, that has been the main difference--that while other forums might be created by the perfumers, Fabienne was not only the creator of the forum but also a peer and one of us. I don't know of any other perfumer who involved her forum members so directly in her creations. She also gave us freedom when we wrote reviews and she did not interfere with negative or uncomplimentary reviews to the best of my knowledge. Thanks to this process it feels very democratic and impartial when I'm reading these forum reviews.

I am so sorry to hear about Gordon and what he's going through. He is much in my thoughts. I was so glad to hear that you and Tom are close to him and that you are there as a support to him. I am sure it means a lot to have you continue Fabienne's legacy.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:40 am

"She was a firecracker"
That should be a T-shirt.

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Boudicca wrote:"She was a firecracker"
That should be a T-shirt.
I would buy that. Seriously! With Fabienne's self portrait piece in the background. Hells yeah! :chase:

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi, everyone! Goodness, I'm so late at getting back to the forum. I really do have the best intentions and want to be active on this forum.
Tom and I got the last orders out today that came in from the weekend. It's so great to be busy but, I am certainly not used to it. I haven't even started my own Christmas shopping. I know that is so bad. I just haven't had a minute to do it.
I love the idea about a Fabianne T-shirt. I would wear it too. I am going to mention it to Tom. She certainly was a 'Firecracker"!!!

I better get out into that cold Cincinnati air and make a start. I hope it's not too crazy out there. I try to avoid the malls at all cost. I like TJ. Maxx and then small independently owned stores the most.
I will let you know how I do.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Good luck, Jennie! I'm not a huge mall person either and I don't have much time for in-person shopping, so I do 99% of my Christmas shopping online nowadays. The one big exception is classic books - unless I know exactly what edition I'm getting. The font on some of those editions can be ridiculously small!

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Well, I made it out this morning. Yesterday was just too cold. I'm not in panic mode yet. I think this year I will try and skip being panicky. I will let you know how that goes. :wink:

Katiushka, you are so smart to do most of your shopping online. I need to start doing that too. You said you buy classic books. That is so cool. Are they antique or vintage books? There is something wonderful about opening a book and feeling the pages with your fingers. I also like the smell of old books that have lived near a fireplace. I find that so comforting.

I hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Sorry I've been slacking but I've been poor and depressed.
Excited there's a new Cambienne out!
Also, the forum has been whacky but seems much better now!