Retour rose recommendations?

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Retour rose recommendations?

Post by katiushka »

Hello everyone,

I'm preparing for the Valentine's Day retour: making a list, checking it twice, all that good stuff. I recently fell in love with the Possets rose notes, and seems like there are many good options to choose from among the Valentine scents! Any recommendations?

I love the rose notes in Napoleon & Josephine, The Queen and Cygnus the Swan. I love that the rose notes in these are fresh and true-to-life, but not overpowering. (Thorns & All didn't work for me - the pepper and amber additions were not quite my cup of tea.)

Of the retours, I'm considering Josephine and Roses are Red, Derry Derry. Any others that should be on my radar?
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Retour rose recommendations?

Post by warriortwo »

I have never tried them, but The Velvet Riding Habit (rose & leather) and Halo (rose & patchouli) are on my list. I'm not a rose fan, but I will try anything with leather or patchouli. Starry Night (rose, blue musk & herbal vanilla) is also on my list. BTW, how did you like Water Lilies? I found that to be a lot like rose, but maybe it's because I can't tell lilies from roses.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Thanks! I do have (and like) the Velvet Riding Habit - forgot to mention that!

Water Lilies - I'll have to check it again, but I remember it as an aquatic, not a rose scent. But I'll need to take another sniff.
Ajevie
mortal
mortal

Post by Ajevie »

1000 Roses comes to mind right away. I love Rhett and Scarlett, but I'm a sucker for sweet scents. :3 Victoria and Albert I've always thought of as a nice, classical rose with smooth resins, too.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Thanks, Ajevie! I've decided to try them all. Possets rose is just too good!