Silver Oude question

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

tleslie832
a spark
a spark

Silver Oude question

Post by tleslie832 »

Hi! I'm new to perfume oils pretty much and I have a question about the Silver perfumes. I had Silver Violets and liked it a lot. So I got Silver Oude, but it reads soapy to me. Would that be the Silver base? The descriptions of oude I've seen make it seem so but I've never smelt just oude. I smell it some in the SV but violets are kinda like that anyway. I was eyeing several other Silvers but am now wondering if should reconsider. Does it just need to age more?
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Silver Oude question

Post by Minh Scent »

Hi Tleslie,
I have and love Silver Oude and get zero soapy smell with it. Oude comes in so many varieties, it is hard to give a blanket description. For me, it is between skanky and woody. In the Possets, it is woody on me.
Perhaps best thing to do is order samples, and yes, aging can make a perfume, especially woods, resins and vanillas, become richer.
Also be aware of skin chemistry, which changes for some people dependent on the time of the month.
I have the Silvers in sandalwood, rose, lavender, licorice, violet, lily...and they all delight me with that white vanilla musk base.
Have fun!
tleslie832
a spark
a spark

Post by tleslie832 »

Thanks for your comments. I"ll let it sit for a while. Maybe at some point go with samples of some of the other Silvers :grin:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

tleslie832 wrote:Thanks for your comments. I"ll let it sit for a while. Maybe at some point go with samples of some of the other Silvers :grin:
I second the recommendation to try more Silvers if you haven't done so, as I think on some skin that can go a bit powdered and fuzzy (for lack of a better term). Oude can also react differently on a variety of folks too. When I first got That Oude Time Religion, I had to let it rest a while because it went funktastic on me. However, when I tried it again (like six months later) it had really gotten glorious. (My notes have really shown me how much perfume oils really change for me, and I always always recommend letting an oil that doesn't work rest for a while.) Also, if you are impatient like me, try it at different times throughout the month, and different humidity level days. I've found that oude specifically on me really blooms on more humid days, but on dry and cold days is very buttoned up and stuffy. So even weather may play a role in how it behaves on you.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
tleslie832
a spark
a spark

Post by tleslie832 »

Thanks Maya. I did get a couple more Silver samples, Amber and Rose since those are notes I know I like. Interesting about the oude, it seems like it needs to be played around with!