Shoes and Ships & Sealing Wax

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Shoes and Ships & Sealing Wax

Post by Atropos » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Real life is a series of battles won and lost before I finally lose the war (death). So I have to, like you all, pick my battles.

I am working on a novel series, well a triad of series that all link to each other, or can be read separately. It's been years in the making. I finally have the world built and why things happen the way they happen, etc. It was a huge epiphany. And due to working for a living, taking care of a house, animals, husband, and my dad getting sick and passing, I've been a little busy. And this forum and you all are unfortunately a casualty of the battles I have to pick to fight. You all aren't alone. I had to stop my DAO fanfic writing as well for a time. But now I"m back to it, and hopefully I can spend a little more time here too.

I do love this community and I wanted to tell you all I may not be on, but I am thinking of you all, and Fabienne, who died a few short weeks after my dad. I'm facing their anniversaries with trepidation, I admit. One day their memories will be more happy than sad. One day.

And if you all don't mind, I'll put my links to my fanfics (DAO is an RP video game for those not familiar). If any of you are fans of the game I'd love to have your comments. And when my first novel is published online and it's free, I'll make sure you all know so you can get it gratis.

OH and if you aspire to be a writer, I highly recommend picking your favorite TV show, movie, video game, etc and write a fic. It's how I got started and decided to try my hand at something original. If you want, I'd be happy to help you get started. I love writing, it's a passion of mine, along with perfume of course.

Love to you all. :hrt::

Links:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/208110 ... rs/4527954
http://archiveofourown.org/works/212732 ... rs/4643997
http://archiveofourown.org/works/216756 ... rs/4740219

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Shoes and Ships & Sealing Wax

Post by marisaviola » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 pm

It's great to hear from you, Atropos! Thank you so much for sharing your writings, and congratulations on your novel writing, that is wonderful you had the epiphany! You have been through such major life changes the past year+. and it's impressive that you've been able to write again. I hope I can be a support to you with the anniversaries which I know from my own losses are terribly hard, and I am sure we'll all come together here on the forum to remember and celebrate Fabienne and support one another at her anniversary.

Thank you for thinking of us, sending you much love :hrt::

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Shoes and Ships & Sealing Wax

Post by Petticoats » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:15 pm

That's wonderful that you've made so much progress with your writing, Atropos. I know from experience how much start-up work it can take to plan out a novel or series (like you, I'm a planner, not a pantser), and multiplying that by three is incredibly impressive! Not to mention the world building involved. I hope the excitement and well-earned feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction will help somewhat in the sorrowful times. :hug:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.