Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Post by Minh Scent » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:23 am

The forum turned pink! (Or is it just me???)

Oh, I really love the wood and light touch of rose in Ouija, too, Marisaviola!!

Satan I like enough to order a FB. Hmm. Femme Mechant I have never heard of. But black cumin sounds intriguing!

Today was for my beloved Seductive Jesuit. Coffee and lavender....beautiful!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 am

Silver Oude. My favorite of the Silvers. Even with Silver Sandalwood in the competition.

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 am

Not pink for me, but the forum ironed out that list of errors I was getting at the top of the screen, so I'm satisfied.

Yesterday morning, I tried Rhode Island: Take Tea and Sea. I get a clean sour note, like raspberries without as much fruitiness. It appears a smoother, pleasanter version of an acidic note I've encountered in a different company's blends. Unfortunately, no further depth draws out that note, making the blend a fleeting impression--not nearly the evocative picture its atmospheric description painted in my imagination.

Yesterday evening, I went for Snowflake in the Martini: Peppermint Top Note. Certainly, there's peppermint from the get-go, but I'm also picking up on something like clove and nutmeg, rounding out the mint. The blend possibly includes juniper berry, but I don't have a good scent recognition for that, yet. This one has a lot of height and depth and surprise, and it ranks my favorite, so far.

This morning, I'm wearing Silver Carnations. This is the first time trying Possets' famed silver base, but I'm guessing it adds depth and sweetness to the carnations. As I hoped, the blend proves itself pleasant and comfortable. I have Silver Ginger around here, too, though the luck of the draw will determine how soon I'll compare.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm seeing pretty in pink, Minh!

Tonight, I am wearing Sex in Heaven!("Coconut, vanillas (two fabulous types: Mexican and Tahitian), and a lashing of sandalwood. Glory, this is heaven!")

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Tonight I am wearing Vide Cor Meum--beautiful, beautiful. "This is something of an experimental fragrance, with a faintly green accord, a very classy sandalwood, osmanthus, and a small amount of ginger. It's edgy and sophisticated, a bit daring, sharp on the top notes but cozies down to a very calming blend when it settles down on the skin."

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 am

Marisaviola, what and where is Vide Cor Meum???!! It sounds perfect!! Sandalwood and osmanthus??? Oh, my! ETA ACK!! I just read your other post and see it is available NOW!?? How did that get past me???? :chase:

How did those Silve Carnations dry down for you, Churchdoor? I find the silvers leave behind a beautiful white vanilla musk in their final dry down.

Today I am wearing a new favorite, Mafia, (Melon, neroli, lemon, Mediterranean jasmine, osmanthus, incense, orange groves in full bloom) which I got in the last summer retour. The incense in here is the main player, but it is what I call Japanese incense (which has no business being in Italy!)...neither nag champa or frank, but something else, almost a woody green. The floral and fruit notes are light (except for initial application the melon is strongish). It lasts all day and I huff all day!

Yesterday I wore Venus Black, another beloved. It is probably the only perfume with a pear note I love. I do love the smell of pears, but the perfume ones I have tried smell like candy. In Venus Black, the pear is tempered with back musk and a tad of floral (narcissus, I think). It is so sexy and...female.

(P.S. Thank god you see the pink, Marisaviola. I was beginning to wonder if the perfume fumes went to my head! :grin: )

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am

The pink has overtaken me, now! And speaking of pink, I tried Pink Cake, earlier, and it was very much strawberry cake, and surprisingly lasting.

You've described that silver note dry-down pretty well, Minh Scent. That silver makes the blend long-wearing, and the carnations kept wafting, too.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi, Minh, I did a more thorough review on the Fall Retour section. I was surprised this morning I could still detect a faint osmanthus. It is reminiscent of the osmanthus in Aspasia and Gauze Screen but for some reason stays stronger than those do for me. Maybe it's what it is paired with. I know how you feel about missing Vide Cor Meum, I even had a decant myself and it was as though it was invisible to me, I forgot I had it! When I put it on I was thinking "how did I miss this?"

I'm glad we're all "in the pink" together! :wink:

I'm stretching my comfort level and trying Dracula Rising--deep fig note and deep earthy note! It seemed an apt one to use "after the storm." Just got through Michael in North Carolina so lots of wind and rain, fallen trees and power lines. I still have power but none of my friends I've spoken with do. Wow, this is evocative. It is another one available now for the Fall Retour! :batflap:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 am

Went straight from my fragrance free workplace (arrrrgh!) to a friend's place this evening then out. Going to put on on Sweetbaby for bedtime.

I'd forgotten about Dracula Rising. Sounds like a good one for Saturday. Howl tomorrow night if I get together with the man :hrt::

Marisaviola, glad to hear you are safe and have power!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Boudicca wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 am
Went straight from my fragrance free workplace (arrrrgh!) to a friend's place this evening then out. Going to put on on Sweetbaby for bedtime.

I'd forgotten about Dracula Rising. Sounds like a good one for Saturday. Howl tomorrow night if I get together with the man :hrt::

Marisaviola, glad to hear you are safe and have power!
Thank you, Boudicca! I got my Fall Retour samples from Ajevie this morning--I need to be good and let them rest, though, so in the meantime, I am wearing Sex with Spirits on one wrist with Gratify and Seduce on the other.