Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 am

Ah are we doung a 30 day challenge for Fabienne's 2nd death anniversary?

I am starting with one of my two first Possets Arrival of the Queen of Sheba. Rich vanilla with woods and suede.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:25 pm

I am wearing Cambienne: Velvet Lust. The very first Cambienne I bought. Gorgeous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Today it is Summer (Mucha). One of my favorites. A luscious vanilla carnation with sandal and other goodies.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 pm

I love Summer (Mucha)! I'm so glad it made permanents. Boudicca, what is Velvet Lust like? That is one I'm not familiar with.

I am wearing Jin tonight from my decant I got last year from Angi at Ajevie. I'm not normally a big fruit person but I do feel Fabienne handled fruits beautifully. Thanks to her there are several peach or apricot ones that I have actually taken to. I thought this one would be interesting to try because of her using Arabian perfumery type notes and love tobacco and cardamom notes in perfumery, as well as dry ambers. It's intriguing, and is staying strong on my wrist. It's definitely a more complex blend.

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 am

I only have two samples to draw from, so far, but I'll make a start of it! In my wearing, last night, Bat Fur Cloak (delicate fruits and a shot of some sweet and rich treat) remained as I remembered it. A slight but unwavering bitterness undergirds that sweetness, making the blend's sweet treat appear an alcoholic one, rather than some candy secreted in the cloak pocket.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Oh, my. Marisaviola, you make me want to get out my bottle of Jin (HA! No pun intended!), as I, too, am not generally a fruit fan, yet Fabienne did them so well and yes, this is delightfully complex and aging beautifully. However, I challenged myself to at least try to identify my top 10 Possets first (Good luck, Minh!) and so today I am wearing the stunning Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. The patch, oude, vanilla are perfect...but what takes it out if the ball park fir me is the rose, which might really be the zdravetz, a type of rose geranium.

Churchdoor, I do not know Bat Fur Coat, as I do not know your Cambienne Velvet Lust, Boudicca.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 am

Today Bouquet de Marechel. This is a supberb violet perfume. Perhaps my favorite of many violet perfumes in my perfume cupboard. (Thank you Marisaviola for turning me on to it!)

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:57 am

Pavanne today. The ultimate cardamom perfume. The only indie perfume oil of the thousands (not exaggerated number) I have tried since 2014 to which my husband said, "Mmmm, that smells good!" It is an outstanding scent and definitely makes my top 10.

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:31 pm

The other blend I had on hand was Satan, which I wore, a couple nights ago. (The coldest strongest clear musk and heavy oakmoss for black depth, with a sharp fern, and white oude.) All the notes fit together beautifully. The image it brings to mind is the white-grey blanket of sky on a cloudy day, cold but soft and bright.

Now I've been so kindly showered with poppets from two sources, now, I can start really getting to know the beloved perfumer's style and strengths.

I tried Femme Mechante, this morn, and I was convinced of a grape or wine note, lounging comfortably at a low Greek table with the other notes. My unskilled nose could not have guessed the description to feature "Black cumin seed" which "has a strong but comforting smell that presses a superior nag champa into a lovely zone." Whatever the actual ingredients, the blend makes for a good companion on a rainy day, here.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Welcome, Churchdoor, it's lovely to see you here! I had heard about the scents you mentioned (Bat Fur Cloak and Satan) but had never tried them or heard them described before.

You bring up one of my favorite violets, Minh! :) I'm so very glad you like it! I also love Pavane, which you mention, that is one I've been trying off and on since Tom and Jennie kindly sent me a sample with my order. I'm definitely contemplating a bottle.

I have been playing with Ouija several times (not literally, lol!) and really love how it changes--it's got some rose at the beginning but not excessive as a note, and mostly I would say it's a gorgeous wooded fragrance. The rosewood and cedar in this are absolutely lovely and the final phase of these notes lasts for hours on me.