Organization/Storage

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Organization/Storage

Post by Boudicca »

OK, I'm sure this topic has been covered before but damned if I can find the thread.

Anyway. How do you organize your Possets? My bottles are currently alphabetical* but I'm thinking of switching to by collection/season. About 97 froppets are organized alphabetically also. The rest... well, I'm not doing <too> bad.

With the Year of Retour, I am now wanting to grab all my Yules and sniff and think and look at bottle levels! I should have done this back at the beginning of the year.

*Cambiennes and Kittahs are separate actually. And I need another box or something.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Organization/Storage

Post by Minh Scent »

My perfume collection is ...big. I keep my Possets in smaller boxes, sorted by aquisition. I label the caps. I have more than 125 bottles of Possets and can find what I want in less than 30 seconds. It is one of my memory exercises to ward off senility. HA! Now isn't that another great reason for our passion??! :rofl:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Lol, totally!
I think I'm close to 200 bottles, I can't count that high!
I label the caps too. I have most of my Cambiennes in one box, the rest in another with the Kittehs. The rest are alpha. The Poppets are chaos. And I've misplaced my beloved 3 1/2 Horsemen of the Apocalypse :cry:

ETA: Found the 3.5 Horsemen but now misplaced a 13 from elsewhere. Once, I misplaced my bottle of Faith and thought that was a bad, bad thing. Fortunately, I found my Faith again also :smi:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I used to have mine organized by favorites, then I tried to go by collection. Then, I threw a bunch of them in a box when we moved a few years ago, and now I have them in a hodgepodge pile because I am planning to go through and sort them and (maybe, finally) get rid of the ones that I don't use as well as make sure I have reviewed all that I do have before I shift them around.

Which does nothing to help answer the question LOL. I had purchased a few stacking boxes that I had been using to keep them organized, but that just wasn't working because I have bottles of so many different sizes. A few years ago, I found an antique thread box that had a door and then layers of drawers for each bolt of thread that would have been perfect. The price was not perfect, however, so I've been keeping my eye open in case I can find another one not painted as prettily in an antique shop and then fix it up.

Once I get them all reviewed, I plan on organizing them by type (and marking on the bottle which collection it came from for my records). I'm sure I'll have it a mess again within a few months, but until I can find a better solution it's just too easy for them to get muddled together.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Spring Retour is live! Which makes me realize I really need to get more organized. Looking at all the lovely perfumes offered and now & then I'm like, "Do I have that or was that something I *meant* to get??" I need to put labels on the caps of quite a few and just reorganize in general. I had a system, but I outgrew the storage containers. #firstworldmiddleclasswhitegirlproblems

ETA: System was alphabetical though I keep my Cambiennes and OARS separate from the rest. Makes sense with the Cambiennes I suppose but no clue why I do the same with the Kittahs! At any rate, lots of shuffling when I'd get something new. Maybe I should only buy stuff that starts with a letter near the end of the alphabet? :rofl: