Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

valentina
a spark
a spark

Post by valentina » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:07 am

It's about time that we start a thread where the Possets fans can bring their suggestions, fantasies and ideas for new scents to Fabienne for her consideration. Not that she doesn't have a ton of her own inspirations, but I love to read about the ideas that everyone else has for new good smells.

Personally, I love it if Fabienne would make a scent inspired by Steve McQueen. :wink:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:06 am

I love this discussion. I am full of ideas, and write them down during the day in a cheap ratty little notebook which is very valuable to me. However, I am certainly open to suggestion and encourage it and hope for it. A Steve McQueen scent? That sounds like a great idea. I imagine it as being green and fresh, he was always the maverick, the guy who brought a new direction to whatever film he was in.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:18 am

Given how gifted Fabienne has proven so far in creating "portraits" of fragrances that perfectly capture the feel of an event (Pomona and Halloween, for example), I'd love to see a set of the seasons: spring (all fresh and green and floral), summer (hot and sweet/sultry), fall (like Pomona with maybe more emphasis on fruits and autumn florals), and winter (chilly, snowy).

valentina
a spark
a spark

Post by valentina » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:36 pm

I also love the seasonal scents! And since Fabienne is so good at creating portraits, I'd also like to see more scents based upon retro glamour -- Madame X is certainly in that vein, and I'd love to smell something inspired by Theda Bara or Louise Brooks or Greta Garbo, or many other iconic divas.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:04 pm

Just you wait...I got struck with an idea which is unlike anything I have seen anywhere. As a matter of fact there are two of them. I think they will make both of you very happy. Great minds run in the same vein!

killerkitten12
a spark
a spark

Post by killerkitten12 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:40 pm

Cat Breeds?

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Okay, here is a quest of mine. I love how lavender can help me sleep and ease a headache. But I don't really care for it straight up. The closest I can find is BPAL's Sleepy Moon, with the flowers helping create a darkly sweet lavender.

I kind of like Le Soliel as an energizing lavender scent. I kind of like Les Fleurs, but it's still sharply lavender on me. I would love to see a sweet lavender scent tried! Fabienne does a killer sugared violet in Silver Violets, a killer sugared cherry in Santa Fart. How about another Lavender Water, Le Sucre?

moonarcana
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by moonarcana » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:48 pm

I love that idea! Lavender is such a beautiful soothing scent but is so often blended with other things that leave it smelling antiseptic. A creamy sweet lavender would be incredible!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:59 am

*sigh* that is such a very good idea, very good. Let's see...hmmmmm, yesssss.:flowers:<---I love this smilie for talk of florals of any kind!

Ah Xia
primordial
primordial

Post by Ah Xia » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:31 pm

What will be the other colors in the color palette? I think Burnt Umber would be interesting -- something really earthy and smokey...Titanium White, a bright sparkling floral? My favorite color name has to be Alizarin Crimson. I wish my first name were Alizarin, sometimes.:beret: