Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by Minh Scent »

Did I miss the scent Panies of Ptah"? I put it in the search, but nada.Since it us Fabienne's quote, I felt I missed a Posset classic?

Did anyone mention a collection based on Game of Thrones? Or at least a perfume that smells like Khaleesie. Hmm quick Google search shows there was a prank perfume called Fire and Blood out in 2012, but nothing very exciting. I guess this woulkdbe fraught with copyright brouhaha.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

The Panties of Ptah was a perfume from about 2012 Summer with an Egyptian theme. As for Game of Thrones, I have a tendency to stay away from things with copyrights. Goodness knows there is so much to inspire you!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

a steampunk collection theme.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

That was done. :grin:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

From what I can see, ancient Egypt was done and there still seems to be an interesting selection related to it. How about other ancient civilizations-Indus Valley, Mesopotamia, China, Mayan, Persia, Aztec, Anastazi, Rome, Minoa, Japan,Vikings etc.?

Or how about characters/places/emotions from the Odyssey or Ramayana? I'd love
to smell like Calypso, Penelope, Lotus Island, Circe, Poseidon's Wrath, Odysseus's desire (but not so much like Cyclopes...ew!!)...or Sita, Sita and Rama's wedding, Ayodha, the forest they were exiled to, the golden deer...etc etc so many!!! (but not Ravana-although his kingdom of Lanka would be amazing!!!..)
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

this may have been suggested/done before but I think a raspberry and patchouli or raspberry and sandalwood scent would be lovely. Or anything that has that sort of berry/woody sort of thing going on.

I also second a viking themed collection! Oh oh! A fairytale collection would be lovely too, particularly classic Hans Christian Andersen tales. Or Ovid's Metamorphoses, some of the tales in it have been covered in other collections (like orpheus in the underworld and scylla) but there is so much in there!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I love seeing all the new Cambiennes coming out! Fabienne, have you thought about creating a Cambienne for the dark side of the season, like The Death of Elf on a Shelf? (In fact, if you felt like it you could do a variation every year, like the debauched wanderings of the Halloween pumpkin.) Or Godzilla versus Christmas? :wink:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Petticoats wrote:I love seeing all the new Cambiennes coming out! Fabienne, have you thought about creating a Cambienne for the dark side of the season, like The Death of Elf on a Shelf? (In fact, if you felt like it you could do a variation every year, like the debauched wanderings of the Halloween pumpkin.) Or Godzilla versus Christmas? :wink:
I love this idea.
I also love all the Cambiennes. Reminds me of 2012; it was Cambienne madness that December!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Boudicca wrote:
Petticoats wrote:I love seeing all the new Cambiennes coming out! Fabienne, have you thought about creating a Cambienne for the dark side of the season, like The Death of Elf on a Shelf? (In fact, if you felt like it you could do a variation every year, like the debauched wanderings of the Halloween pumpkin.) Or Godzilla versus Christmas? :wink:
I love this idea.
I also love all the Cambiennes. Reminds me of 2012; it was Cambienne madness that December!
Truly, it is an awesome bounty of Cambiennes. My order of Time arrived today, and I may not be patient enough to let it rest anymore before testing!

I'm thinking Elf on a Shelf in Rehab (boozy peppermint?), Elf on a Shelf Sings Karaoke With Gingerbread Man, Elf on a Shelf Wakes Up Beside a Not-So-Angelic Christmas Angel (I'm not going to speculate on the notes for that one)... :debbil:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

How about: magical or imaginary places (Atlantis, Emerald City, Never Never Land, Camelot, Narnia, Wonderland, Shangrala, Ayodya,Main Street, Mt Olympus...)
Or gods/godesses from the Hindu pantheon? Wow-that's an endless list! You could include minor characters like Krishna's gopi girls...!)
Or names of yoga asanas? (Hmmm....Sanskrit sounds prettier! Savasana rather than Corpse Pose..)
Or biomes....tiaga, tundra, desert, rain forest, grasslands...and can you imagine a scent named Estuaries, which is such a beautiful word..!!
Ok, let me do something less fanciful...like dishes.