Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by Floria » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:40 am

The Girls Love To Go Camping - something foresty and a bit smoky, plus toasted honey and s'mores.
The Girls Love Weddings - light honey, silk accord, orange blossom, champagne, and frosted white cake.
The Girls Love The Fourth of July - that "summer night" smell of warm night air, summer flowers, and a wisp of barbecue smoke, plus fireworks smoke and honey. Maybe add some lemonade, it is summer...
The Girls Love Brunch - honey, butter, raspberry jam, various breakfast breads and pastries, and Irish Coffee.

Silver Pomegranate - Pomegranate in perfume tends to be pretty tart or bittersweet, and I think the silver accord would set it off nicely. And isn't a silver pomegranate a pretty image?

Maybe a Thai food scent, minus the cilantro and fish sauce? Something with lemongrass, Thai basil, lime leaf and ginger could be very pretty and refreshing for summer.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:25 am

I do love honey fragrances... it's such a shame that my nose gets tobacco from all the Girls Love possets. :pumpsad:

I have been jonesing for a simple honey, vanilla, and amber blend. I can layer Seraphim with a single-note honey, which is quite delicious, but I know Fabienne could do something splendid with those notes that would be an improvement on my improvised version.

I've been craving vanillas too--partly I think because they're so snuggly and cozy in cold weather. I wonder what a Silver Vanilla might be like? Uh oh, now that I've thought of it I really want it. Wouldn't it be swoonworthy?
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm so excited about the Silver Vanilla! :pom:

Wearing a beautiful rose posset today made me wonder if anyone has ever combined rose and pear. I love the rosy-fruity possets Meltbaby and Marnie (OAR), but I can't think of any like those that have pear. Hmm... might be nice for spring and summer!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Have we had a Posset with orange and chocolate yet? Orange, cocoa, a hint of patchouli, something creamy-maybe the silver base? Might be good. Like a slightly naughty chocolate orange creamsicle :trout: I'm no queen mixstress like Fabienne so maybe I'm missing an important component but the idea of it has been rolling around my head.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Tarayonne, that does sounds pretty yummy!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Epinoia has chocolate and orange, and it's pretty yummy. But I would enjoy another variation on the theme.

Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:40 pm

As I posted in another thread, my first attempt at making mead failed. So I tried again, this time ambitiously mixing apple juice, honey, and ginger. Sadly that batch spoiled too, and I was so looking forward to trying it! The art of brewing may not be for me, but I still think apple, ginger, and honey sounds like it would have been a lovely combination. Maybe it could be an idea for a scent, with a musk base, and perhaps even something boozy or yeasty to simulate what my ruined brewing experiment ought to have been. :violin:

Also, I was just at Ikea, and I think that elderflower drink they sell there would make a nice scent to wear. For a furniture store, they have all kinds of exotic (to my American palate) things to eat and drink. Sparkling pear and black currant juice, gooseberry and cloudberry preserves, pickled herring. The pickled herring probably wouldn't provide Fabienne with much perfuming inspiration, but you never know. She could create a new Scandinavian scent, maybe. Wasn't there a Viking scent with leather and cloudberry once? They also do fabulous things with cardamom in Scandinavian cooking. I love cardamom.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi

willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by willworkforvanilla » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 am

I was watching a youtube video yesterday from a soap maker that I follow. She said she came across a happy accident once by mixing jasmine and beeswax together. The more I got to think about, the more I really want to smell that.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Luskefisk? Just joking. :trout:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:29 pm

you know what would be the bees knees? (well maybe)
The girls love Cedar.

Or another wood. But something woody and dry (as opposed to the wet wood scent)

Sweet honey mixed with the earthy, spicy woody. I wish I had kept the girls love decants so I can mix it with woody scents like midnight mass.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com