Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by jackieo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Floria wrote: Silver Pomegranate - Pomegranate in perfume tends to be pretty tart or bittersweet, and I think the silver accord would set it off nicely. And isn't a silver pomegranate a pretty image?

OH MY. That is right up my alley. I honestly would love a Silver fruit collection.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 am

This morning I woke up looking for a fragrance I do not have and do not think exists. Dry vanilla, suede, a tiny bit of fresh strawberry with a hint of green stem, and a teeeeeensy smidge of honey (a tiny bit of sweetness to round out the other notes--the other notes being dominant).
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Shirel
a spark
a spark

Post by Shirel » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Well it might be a bit early but my mind is already turning towards summer scents... I'd love to have some nice fruity and fresh things to wear, especially something with lychee. I love the smell even if I don't enjoy the fruit itself much XD but I do crave it sometimes and it's one of the fruits I don't see in perfumes much.
ImageImage

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:01 pm

I think some combination of silver base, white tea, and maybe a hint of sweet grapefruit would be lovely for summer.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:16 pm

I was just thinking about a gorgeous fragrance that Bath and Body Works released for a single Christmas about... yikes... 20 years ago? It was basically gingerbread and clove--heavy on the clove--with a lot of fresh pear in it. Quite beautiful, and I got compliments whenever I wore it--I eked out that one bottle of lotion for months and months. I may have to start experimenting with layering Possets to see if I can approximate it. Maybe Michelle + Guinevere + Gingerbread Whorehouse?
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Lovechild - Gingerbaby has that pear/spice thing going on. No clove, I think? But tha.t and Guinevere would probably be divine.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll give it a try. To me gingerbread has a very different fragrance from fresh ginger, which is what I get from Gingerbaby, but it's definitely worth making the experiment. :)

ETA: Gingerbaby plus Guinevere is a gorgeous combination! I highly recommend it. *swoons*
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I have been baking today. I am (for the first time) using a Bourbon vanilla pod in my frosting. I have decided that I REALLY need a Bourbon vanilla perfume. Mmmmmmm sooooo yum. Want, want, want!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Anathema

Post by Anathema » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:58 pm

I would love some kind of passion flower and guava perfume for summer. I would buy so much of it!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Maya wrote:I have been baking today. I am (for the first time) using a Bourbon vanilla pod in my frosting. I have decided that I REALLY need a Bourbon vanilla perfume. Mmmmmmm sooooo yum. Want, want, want!
Maya you have to start posting photos of some lovely dishes you make! I'd love to see what you're making. I'm so bored with what we usually have that I'm looking for new things to cook :gaah: Finding vanilla pods around here is a big "yeah right", but I'd love to know how how it works? I couldn't even find cherries here right now for my clafoutis, ugh.