Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by Petticoats » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:13 pm

I've been exploring rose fragrances lately, and I'd love to see what Fabienne would do with rose in combination with pear and maybe honey.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Don't know if it's been suggested before, but since I love the science themes and I'm endlessly fascinated by geology, I'd love to see a Geology: Rocks and Minerals collection. There are just so many mad looking, amazing rocks, and I'm not just talking the pretty ones (although those would be awesome interpreted through scent too). I'd personally love to see Fabienne's take on Sulphur, and Limonite by name might suggest a lemon based scent, but looking at pics of it, it's earthy appearance might suggest an earthy kind of lemon, which would be fun. Names like Hornblende already sound like a perfume, to be honest!

I can waste hours at the Geology section of the Sydney Museum, so this is my nerdy science fantasy collection.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am

I have wasted too much time looking at a gigantic rock of opal in The Smithsonian Museum (how I would like to walk away with that thing), and the Hope Diamond as well. I will admit to having been more astonished at the little man in knee breaches who was presented in his coffin having been buried in one of the Caribbean islands and turned to soap, though. :gnome:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 am

fabienne wrote:I have wasted too much time looking at a gigantic rock of opal in The Smithsonian Museum (how I would like to walk away with that thing), and the Hope Diamond as well. I will admit to having been more astonished at the little man in knee breaches who was presented in his coffin having been buried in one of the Caribbean islands and turned to soap, though. :gnome:
Oh. My. God. No doubt there's a perfectly scientific explanation, but personally I'm enjoying the layperson's WTFery of how random soap sounds.

Mental note to visit the Smithsonian Museum at some point in my life. Love a good rock.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Thinking of the Hope Diamond, that brings to mind another possibly fun theme - cursed objects. It would be Hammer-rific.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Agreed....Cursed objects! Great thought. Hope Diamond is indeed cursed. :2cents:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 am

Yes it is! I love a good cursed object! Science be damned!

It's ancient! It's eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:05 am

Beautiful but Deadly. There are poisonous plants & flowers, many types of oceanlife, insects and butterflies. I also thought famous female criminals like - Lizzie Bordon, Bonnie Parker, Patty Hearst, Domino Harvey, Countess Elizabeth Bathory (The Blood Countess), Mary Suratte, Tokyo Rose, Lucrezia Borgia and more.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 am

"Beautiful but deadly" reminds me of the exhibit of dangerous fashion that got me reading about arsenic and made me decide to use a poisonous article of clothing in the historical novel I'm writing. How about a Posset called Arsenic Ball Gown with a whiff of almonds? :debbil:

Check out the gown here: http://www.macleans.ca/culture/arts/dea ... -fashions/

And here (full length photo): http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/fas ... e19115689/
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

Mmm! The arsenic gown to go with Madame's arsenic face-cream to make her exquisitely and properly pale!

Throw in Lead Makeup, and my personal favourite radioactive Radior Chin Straps for an expanded collection of scents inspired by CRAZY SHIT WE DID IN THE PURSUIT OF BEAUTY AND FASHION. (Edition One, because who knows what we're doing now that future generations are going to look at and scream OH MY GOD WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOU???)