Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by katiushka »

I would love some Japanese-themed scents! The kind of scent I am really craving is something that smells like an onsen: with hinoki cypress. Then another floral with cherry blossoms :D The list can go on!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Something with Tiger Balm. I've got a headache behind my left eyebrow (sinuses?) and Tiger Balm is about the only thing that helps.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Green mango. I was trying to find a scent with this and the only one that keeps coming up is Hermes Jardin de Nil. I love that one (already went through a big bottle) but the top note, the green mango, only lasts 10 minutes. Cmon Fabienne....green mango and osmanthus????

Yes, Japenese themes are always welcome....Tiger Balm, I live in a cloud of it here! Hope that sinus headache is history, Boudicca!
Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose »

Figs! Fig leaf! I know that there have been some fig/fig leaf scents before, and I seem to have missed most of them. Unfortunately, I tried Prestidigitazione several times, but I can't wear it because of the heavy coconut...

What I'd really love is something with a detectable immortelle presence. I haven't seen mention of any possets using it, but I certainly don't have an exhaustive knowledge of the previous collections.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

Marigold! I'd love it in a spun sugar, crunchy fall leaf blend! *not Smoky/burning leaves though
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

fireweaver wrote:Marigold! I'd love it in a spun sugar, crunchy fall leaf blend! *not Smoky/burning leaves though

Ohhhh yeah! I could SO get behind that! It instantly made me feel autumn even though I am currently sitting here dripping sweat from summer heat lol.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Maladextrose wrote:Figs! Fig leaf! I know that there have been some fig/fig leaf scents before, and I seem to have missed most of them. Unfortunately, I tried Prestidigitazione several times, but I can't wear it because of the heavy coconut...

What I'd really love is something with a detectable immortelle presence. I haven't seen mention of any possets using it, but I certainly don't have an exhaustive knowledge of the previous collections.
Do you like earthy notes and sandalwood? Dracula Rising is an excellent fig scent. It was part of halloween but maybe you can get it on retour :)
cordelia blythe
mortal
mortal

Post by cordelia blythe »

I have been listening to "The Lark Ascending" by Ralph Vaughn Williams today after I saw someone else on this thread mention it previously & it is absolutely the most beautiful piece of music.It's beauty makes you cry! I would just love if you could make a perfume for this music Fabienne,i know it would be beyond amazing!!
Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia »

Oh, you know what else is really beautiful music? Nimrod, from the Enigma Variations by Edward Elgar. I wept when I heard it the first time. Too bad it is named Nimrod, that doesn't really lend itself to being the name of a perfume.

BTW the craziest thing just happened to me, scentwise. I was outside chopping up some green tripe (as a special treat for my awesome dog) and forgot to wear gloves. Big mistake. In case you have never smelled green tripe let me tell you, it stinks horribly. My hands had this nightmarish "dairy barn" odor that I could not scrub off to save my life. Finally in desperation I poured apple cider vinegar on my hands, and believe it or not, after rinsing the vinegar off them, they literally smelled just like ROSES. I couldn't get anybody to confirm it by smelling my hands (weird stubborn family) but I know what roses smell like, and I'm positive that was roses. It was actually lovely! Maybe we need a daring new fragrance that combines cow turd and vinegar? :rose4u:
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Heh, sounds good to me, but then again I am a super freak! Funny how combinations and mindsets do play tricks on us!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!