Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Suggestions/fantasies/ideas for new scents

Post by warriortwo »

I recently had a chance to peruse the works of John Singer Sargent, and since Madame X is practically the Possets mascot, I thought a collection based on his other portraits would be wonderful. Lady Agnew looks like she has stories to tell. I would love to know what fragrances Fabienne would associate with her! Helen Dunham (who looks a bit like Uma Thurman imho) and her gauzy white blouse is the epitome of whipped sugar and white floral. And my favorite is Elsie Palmer...so enigmatic, caught between Colorado and England; that portrait just knocks me out. Fun fun fun.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I recently had a chance to peruse the works of John Singer Sargent, and since Madame X is practically the Possets mascot, I thought a collection based on his other portraits would be wonderful. He was amazing at portraying real, human character and moods in his portraits, where other painters would just strive to make them look "proper".

Lady Agnew looks like she has stories to tell. I would love to know what fragrances Fabienne would associate with her! Helen Dunham (who looks a bit like Uma Thurman imho) and her gauzy white blouse is the epitome of whipped sugar and white floral. My favorite is Elsie Palmer...so enigmatic, and such a story behind her: a teenager caught between Colorado and England, who loved the outdoors but was made to dress up and participate in the social niceties of England; that portrait just knocks me out. Fun fun fun.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Good Grief, I think you have ESP! Trust me, when you see what I did for Yule, you will NOT believe you just said that.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

fabienne wrote:Good Grief, I think you have ESP! Trust me, when you see what I did for Yule, you will NOT believe you just said that.
Whee! I can't waaaaaaaaait! :frolic:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Honestly, I was just talking to the guy who did the lead image for me. I told him what you said and he was amazed. We had a good laugh. He is the same guy who has done all of the product images for me, the new ones in the Halloween Collection (you know: musky, foody, etc).
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but what the heck?
For some reason I am in the mood for tuberose and patchouli. Any Possets that contain both those notes? I did some searching but with no luck. So, what to use if trying to layer? I'm thinking Gratify & Seduce for the tuberose. Tons of scents include patchouli but I want a really patchy-patch (new word) without a lot of other notes to confuse things.
Suggestions? Plz & Thx!
:hrt::
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

You are right. Surprisingly there are no blends that incorporate both tuberose and patchouli. For the patchouli component of a layering you could try Pat Pat Pat or maybe Sweet Hell.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Tom wrote:You are right. Surprisingly there are no blends that incorporate both tuberose and patchouli. For the patchouli component of a layering you could try Pat Pat Pat or maybe Sweet Hell.
Thanks, Tom :grin:
I don't have Pat Pat Pat but I do have Sweet Hell. Maybe I will try that before bed. Still need a shower; hours all screwed up as usual, lol.
Will let y'all know if it works as a combo.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Boudicca wrote:
Tom wrote:You are right. Surprisingly there are no blends that incorporate both tuberose and patchouli. For the patchouli component of a layering you could try Pat Pat Pat or maybe Sweet Hell.
Thanks, Tom :grin:
I don't have Pat Pat Pat but I do have Sweet Hell. Maybe I will try that before bed. Still need a shower; hours all screwed up as usual, lol.
Will let y'all know if it works as a combo.
Finally reporting back on this:
I did try Gratify & Seduce with Sweet Hell and the result was rather intoxicating.
:frolic:
Off topic: I really need organize my bottles again, they're all out of order and I can't find stuff half the time. So frustrating!
#firstworldmiddleclasswhitegirlproblems
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

That's an interesting combination. I will have to try it tomorrow!