Introduce Yourself, We Would Love To Meet You

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Welcome, Emma! You and I have similar tastes. :) There is sooo much to love at Possets!

candigirl
a spark
a spark

Post by candigirl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:09 am

Hello & welcome ChemicalEmma! As Maya said the Silver Carnations is lovely as is most of the Silver line. I am not a huge floral fan and I find these to wear very nicely and smell so good.

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 am

My name is Hillary. I joined the forum quite a ways back so that I could look at the reviews. But I kept getting distracted and never managed to make an order, until now! I just made an order of 5 carefully selected bottles for a b-day gift for myself. I've heard that the TAT for Possets is great, so I am hopeful it will make it by 5/3. I may have even made a little note to Fabienne that I would appreciate it so much if they got here in time for my b-day. I'm used to BPAL tat, so anything shorter than 2-3 weeks is awesome, and I have heard that Possets makes some truly lovely scents. I ordered The Great Psychiatrist of Babylon, Sex in a Tree, Morgan Le Fay, Madame X, and Ultramarine Blue. I am a lover of deep, dark vanilla, resins, spices, oriental style scents, dark fruits (plums and berries), woodsy notes, tropical florals, incense.....heck, I like a lot of things. I can go for rich incense-y blends, but also sometimes fresh, uplifting scents. Most musk notes work well on me.

Aside from collecting perfume oils (mostly BPAL, but I've also dabbled in Arcana, Conjure Oils, and Solstice Scents) I also have a massive nail polish collection, lol. I also love to read, so literary inspired scents are a lot of fun for me.

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:29 am

Welcome to Possets Hillary. I've ordered from all of those companies too (plus a lot more lol) and I have to say this one is my favorite. This forum is fun and the site and forum are very easy to use. BPAL's site and forum kind of feels overwhelming to me and I despise the long wait for perfume delivery there. Ugh, Im not a patient girl! :) Anyways enough about that. Always chime in and say what you're thinking around here, an extra reviewer of the perfumes is always good. It helps others decide what's going to work best for them.

wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:24 am

Welcome Hillary!! Possets is the greatest in all ways; the tat is beyond belief. I usually get my orders in under a WEEK! 'Course, I live only about 4 hours from Cinci.. don't know if that makes a difference of not.

If you like resin-y musks/incense scents; you should try Custance and Alchemical Gold from the latest update and Dominions from the Permanents. Sooo good.... I love those kinds of scents best. :)

emma
archangel
archangel

Post by emma » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 pm

And Seraphim, and That Oude Time Religion, and Huile of Fortune!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Oh no, my wishlist is already several bottles long. Lol. This does not bode well. I have very little will power when it comes to perfume oils, as can be seen by my already very large collection. I see another possets multi bottle order in the near future. Thanks for the recs!

I also meant to ask...is there a place on the forum for wishlists? I really need to start making a permanent record of this list, lol.

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:27 pm

@tarayvonne Thanks for the welcome. You will probably see me showing up in the review threads. I'm not usually shy about sharing my opinions on perfumes :)

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:56 pm

@hill78 I live in NC, and I usually have my scents in about 5 days (and that includes weekends--I tend to order on late Friday, and even with the weekend, I usually have my scents by Wednesday). And um...yeah...a multi bottle order? Just wait until you are anxiously waiting for every new release (Holidays, seasons, etc.), and you still have "regular" bottles you need (NEED, I say!) to order. :-D

As far as a place for wishlists, if you go to the main discussion page and look on the left under Swaps and Sales, you'll see wishlists. To create one, simply scroll up and click on the Start a New Discussion. When that page loads, in the drop down box for Category, scroll to and click on Wishlists. Fill in the body of your message, and enter. It's that easy. :)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus » Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Just thought I'd say hello. I recently found Possets through evil-enablers and some other forum mentions and lust-lists and had to come have a look. I have to say I'm getting the fever and have already made my first order (yay!) I'll let you know when it arrives. I can't wait!

I've also dabbled a little in solstice scents and am somewhat of a sweet anthem geek. I'm looking forward to a new perfume oil experience though my bank account isn't so sure.