Cri de Coeur

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Cri de Coeur

Post by tarayvonne » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I am possibly the worst person in the world to start a review topic, but since no one else has I guess it'll have to be me. Cri de Coeur is rivalling the best Possets ever made (of what I've tried) and I think I may need about three more bottles or more depending on if Fabienne will keep this around or not. I'm simply sick at heart to think that it may eventually be gone. It's gloriously beautiful. A show-stopper. It's coconut, but so much more. It's sweet, baked coconut. Musk and flower, swirling through the baked aspect and stopping it from becoming too sweet. I smell the trace of clean cotton hiding in the mix. I don't agree that it's simple, because it smells complex to me. I smell more that I can't really put into words. All I can say is if you like the light scent of baked coconut, you need a bottle. Immediately. That will be the first thing you'll smell. Then come all the gorgeous other parts of this that make up quite possibly one of the best coconut-based perfumes ever! Ever! I can't begin to cover it, so I'll let you guys fill in the blanks. But for anyone who's on the fence about this one, don't be. Buy it and you won't regret it :) This doesn't smell like sun-tan lotion coconut at all, by the way. :shower: This is me bathing in this stuff :)

Bunnycoat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Cri de Coeur

Post by Bunnycoat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Such an alluring descripton...! I'm glad that I ordered a bottle - and I hope it gets here soon!

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Cri de Coeur

Post by forspecial » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Oh, I wasn't even thinking of coconut when I tried mine.....I'll try it again tomorrow (I'm at work) and report back with reviews! This time I'll read the description when I wear it, too. :babyleap:

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Cri de Coeur

Post by gypsyjolie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 pm

just adding the official description:

Haiti has always been steeped in mystery, reverence for the whims of luck, and had the power to fascinate from the days of the slave rebellion of Toussaint L'Ouverture to the era of Papa Doc Duvalier's Ton Ton Marcout, Haiti's contributions to the world have been in the poetic, patriotic, and phantasmagorical realm. Haiti has had more than her fair share of bad luck. During the Valentine season, Possets is going to contribute 100% of all the proceeds from the sale of Cri de Coeur to Doctors Without Borders (Medicins Sans Frontiers or MSF) for the relief of the suffering of the Hatian citizens.

The fragrance is a real stunner, a true Posset with large lashings of Vanilla, nougat, coconut, sweet musk, tobacco flower,swirling cotton, a drop of nag champa, and some very good chypre, black musk and sugar cane. There is the essence of a very good dragon's blood in it, a small amount of lime, and lime blossom. Simple. Very sweet without being totally foody, long lasting and strong. This one isn't any toss away scent, it's a great one. So, your contribution to MSF will make you happy in more ways than one.

The image is an ancient Catholic idea of a "sacred heart" much tormented by the strife of the world. I thought it was appropriate as one of the religions for which Haiti is famous for is Catholicism which is rich in great symbols.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Cri de Coeur

Post by tarayvonne » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Oopsie, I forgot to do that. Thanks gyps. I told you all I was the worst person to start a review thread! Glad you did all the others.

Rebecca
primordial
primordial

Cri de Coeur

Post by Rebecca » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm

I wore this when I visited the animal shelter this past weekend. I went to the "cat house" to hang out with some of the felines there. One beautiful yellow and white cat kept smelling my wrist where I had applied this scent and appeared to be fascinated by it. I've been around a lot of animals, both dogs and cats, and have never had one take a shine to the scent I was wearing. So Fabienne, know that this scent is kitty approved! :love:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cri de Coeur

Post by fabienne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:01 am

Always good to be kitty approved.:shimmykitty:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Cri de Coeur

Post by whiskerwing » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm

I didn't get a strong coconut vibe from it either!

There's a gentle and pleasant scent that makes me think of incense, but not in the nose-wrinkling way. I guess that's the nag champa? That and equal parts warm sweetness is what I get from this. It lasted a good amount of time and had good (but not overpowering) throw, and it got the double-eyebrow raise of approval from Mr. Whiskerwing.

A keeper, absolutely. With that many scents in the description, I expected something super complex. Not bad or muddled (I trust Fabienne) but a lot of the very complex scents don't work on me. A charity scent, and one that Fabienne herself mentioned being proud of, so of course I couldn't pass it up.

I'm exceedingly glad I bought a bottle. =]

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Cri de Coeur

Post by tarayvonne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Really? I put it on while my Mother and Husband were standing near and they both said, "Coconut!" immediately. Huh, I wonder if our batches were different or something. It smells like baked coconut over in my neck of the woods. Weird!

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Cri de Coeur

Post by forspecial » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 pm

I've tried this twice, and I'm not sure yet if it's a keeper for me. I get the same fluffy whiteness that I remember from Ghost Of Christmas Past, even though I haven't tried them side-by-side, this reminds me a lot of that scent. It's almost powdery but not quite. If I bring it up to my nose and inhale, I start to pick out some other notes but I think the coconut is taking over the scent. I think this will have to be put away for a while, and I'll come back and try it again later. I definitely can smell the sweet musk from the description.

I was really excited by a Possets scent with nag champa and dragon's blood. I wish I could smell those notes a little more!