Cri de Coeur

Post by Bella2811 »

The best , this fragrance is a genius, thank you Fabienne
rivercitylizzy
primordial
primordial

Cri de Coeur

Post by rivercitylizzy »

Got a possette of this as part of my first order (the "Newbie Sample Pack of 2011" LOL!) and OH! Yes, toasted coconut cake goodness!! I used to think "foodie" perfumes were not for me but scents like this one really change my mind. Not a simplistic or overly sweet foodie scent, as others have mentioned the musk, florals, and lime notes keep it grounded and interesting for many hours! I've tried other scents with a "linen" or "cotton" note in them which were just a disaster on me, but here it barely peeked its head out from among the other lovely notes and simply lent an impression of elegance to the blend. Throw was good and the scent lasted a solid 6 hours.
citadel
primordial
primordial

Cri de Coeur

Post by citadel »

This is my second favorite so far, no contest. Although...last week, I had just opened by bottle, when my cat jumped up on my dresser, startled me, and I dropped it. I lost 1/2 of the bottle. D: DISAPPOINTING.

I love that this scent is sweet but so creamy, so there is no cloying edge. It's perfectly feminine--not girly, but womanly without being matronly.

I'm going to need another bottle ASAP. I've been using Cri and Seraphim on a daily rotation.
Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Cri de Coeur

Post by Anoxia »

This is a favorite Posset of mine. I have been savoring the same little sample of it for a long time, wearing it on only special occassions. Of course that is nonsense, I just need to buy a big bottle of it and then I could drench myself daily.

One of the first times I tried it on, I remember reading in a bookstore, thinking that I smelled cookies baking, and wanting one very much, before I realized I was smelling myself! It isn't purely foodie though, it is also an elegant, sophisticated perfume that can be taken seriously. I think that balance is just brilliant. It have worn it during the winter and the summer, and have found it suitable anytime and anywhere. Plus, I have a deep devotion to the Sacred Heart, every night I pray kneeling in front of that image, so I even love the name.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I have to force myself to only wear this once a week. It becoming a summer favorite for me. :heartrain:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

jackieo wrote:I have to force myself to only wear this once a week. It becoming a summer favorite for me. :heartrain:
I've had mine for over a year now. It's even more amazing. I have to stop myself from pouring it all over me.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Yep, this became a fast favorite of mine a couple of months ago. I had to force myself to take a break from it so that I wouldn't get tired of it. It is the perfect combination of summery coconut and perfumey elements. I have also been enjoying Sex in Heaven, another coconut favorite. Cri de Coeur is the perfect amount of foodie for me. Foodie enough to be sweet and flirtatious, but with other elements that ground it and make into something more than foodie. I love it! :hrt::
InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines »

This perfume is so great for the summer. It's not too sweet, not too heavy or foody. It's the perfect amount of sweet with lovely coconut. It's playful and has decent throw. Love wearing this, especially when the weather is hot!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

A nice balance of coconut and a light musk fragrance. I would have liked the nag champa and dragon's blood to have shown up. I'm looking for that perfect coconut incense fragrance. I really like Bpal's Brown Jenkin but it doesn't have enough coconut scent. Cri de Coeur has the exact right amount of coconut, not too strong, not too faint. Maybe some aging will bring out the resins and then it will be perfection.
teaker

Post by teaker »

I really love this! It's soft and creamy and a bit musky. Foody but not overly so. I can't pick out individual notes here, it's just a lovely soft cloud. Sweet but not too sweet, a winner!