Cri de Coeur

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Cri de Coeur

Post by katiushka »

Starts out as a lovely cloud of coconut goodness! I also get some sort of berries in the beginning. After a few hours, this dries down into a generic perfumey scent on my skin. I would classify it as a "mature" foody scent, if that makes any sense - the kind you'd wear to the office, not to a party. Elicits a woman who has seen all aspects of life, both sweet and bitter, but still has her life together. And could put yours in order too! :D
noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 »

Beautiful scent,very subtle.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

I really expected this one to be super foody and cloying so I avoided it for abit but I am happy I changed my mind! On initial application super COCONUT. Like a sun screen. Then after awhile the coconut almost disapears and I get mostly musk and what I think is the nag champa. So good! I am going to try it a few more times but this may make it onto my full bottle list.
Melian17
primordial
primordial

Post by Melian17 »

Wow, this is gorgeous! I wasn't going to try this since I generally dislike nag champa and dragon's blood, but most reviews say they are not prominent and it's been a favorite at Possets for so many years so I got a sample. At first it's all rich coconut with lime, then it softens to a fluffy vanilla musk with just a hint of creamy coconut. Despite having notes of nougat and sugar cane, I don't find it too sweet. It's a wonderful cozy comfort scent that can be worn in warm weather.
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

Of all the samples I received, I think this was my absolute favourite. I'm not much of a foodie lover, but the lime in this just elevated it to something so wonderful. It didn't really smell like anything in the vial (I didn't let my samples rest before testing so that's probably my fault) but on my skin it was incredible. Lots of lime and coconut initially, but without any cloying sweetness. The dry down revealed soft vanilla and musk and what I assume must be nag champa. I wish it had a little more throw, but that's a small price to pay for such a lovely perfume.
herparents
a spark
a spark

Post by herparents »

All lime and berries on me, with an undercurrent of incense (nag champa). Smells like a sexy cocktail. Nice, but I was hoping for less fruit!