BBC - The Big Black Cat

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by Ajila » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 am

Sweet and strong, but full of character, like a majestic big black cat! Buttery creme with a smooth caramel undercoat, bourbon vanilla (the kind with the tiny black specks), gourmet candy corn crushed and put in the mix, and a crust of burnt sugar with a crunch from some indefinable but thoroughly delightful source. All this with a kiss of cinnamon, a very small puff of clove, and one grain of allspice.

Soft, sweet, very creamy, with a hint of coffee, all in all its very much like Baileys. I like this very much; it's warm and sweet and comforting without being over powering or cloying.

HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by HappyLoveJoy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 am

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! and moderately spicy. I get the spices initially and this is my favorite stage. Fast forwarding to the drydown, it's pancake syrup with some caramel coffee that's heavy on cream and sugar.

Sinmara
mortal
mortal

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by Sinmara » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Comforting is a good description - it's one of those scents that I prefer to wear when I'm sitting on the couch, drinking herbal tea and reading a good book, listening to music.

Creamy, buttery and a teeny bit of spice. Wonderful.:heartbounce:

mari4212
a spark
a spark

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by mari4212 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 am

Sweet caramel and cinnamon are the two strongest notes on me. It's like a caramel apple that got dusted with freshly ground cinnamon and cloves. Probably a bit too heavy of a scent to wear in this kind of heat, but it's one I'm going to love come fall.

samcalam
principalities
principalities

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by samcalam » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm

The cinnamon is definitely strongest on me. It is a lovely sweet scent not overpowering but THERE if you know what I mean!!It has lasted all day in the scent locket and still going strong:love: I also got probably the most compliments on how good I smell in one day!!( which is saying something as I always smell of one Posset or another!!)

simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by simonetta.vespucci » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:06 am

if you're a foodie devotee, you will probably love this one! i got it as a frossette (thanks, fabienne!) and knew from the description that it would probably not be my thing... it might be "nose chemistry" rather than skin chemistry, but any scent labeled as buttery is generally way off the foodie end of the pool for me. at least the caramel doesn't turn into celery, as it sometimes does...! i would say it smells like a very buttery spice cake with creamy frosting on top...

that said, this is a beautifully-made and fun perfume. definitely one of those that i wouldn't have believed a perfume could smell like, before i started learning about the wonder of scented oils! and the good news is... my two little girls, on whom things pretty much always smell better than they smell on me anyway, like this one just fine. they wore it to a halloween party, which seemed appropriate!

chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by chinacat » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:00 pm

I thought I should try this one, since I have a big black cat. It's a rich, buttery, spicy scent, which makes me think of fresh cinnamon rolls. I think there's a hint of rum in it, too. After it dries down, it smells like spice cake or cinnamon cookies. Very nice for fall and winter.

AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by AthenaRose » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:52 am

I love how this one starts out, but my skin turns it to plastic, unfortunately (not sure which note does this on me).

Are there any other Possets that smell similar to this one that might not have the plastic effect? My husband loves the smell of cinnamon buns. Anyone have any suggestions?

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by tarayvonne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:03 am

My fav with cinnamon is gingerbread whorehouse. I'd think the scent would be in the same category/family. Anyone have any other suggestions?

critterfriend
archangel
archangel

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by critterfriend » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am

AthenaRose, the OAR scent Wiley is very much a cinnamon bun type of scent. It is sooooo delicious!!! *drool* I can't rememember if Wiley has been adopted yet (perhaps someone else can chime in on that), but if he hasn't then his fragrance should come back out for a limited time when the all the past OAR Kitty blends for the cats that haven't been adopted yet make a reappearance after Halloween.