BBC - The Big Black Cat

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by AthenaRose » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Thank you, i'll keep an eye out for Wiley for sure, sounds good. And i like gingerbread too. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

critterfriend
archangel
archangel

BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by critterfriend » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 am

You're welcome.

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Re: BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by Narcisse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:57 pm

This scent starts out very spicy when it goes on my skin. It smells exactly like this snickerdoodle coffee I used to love when I was in my late teens. You definitely get the hit of spices out of the gate, but its very much softened by the sweetness of the creamy, super sweetened coffee base. I don't know that coffee is actually in it and it's not like a cigarette butt black bean brew either it's definitely a mellowed coffee scent. It's actually more like you were eating a coffee caramel. After about an hour or so the drydown is mostly a caramel macchiato. It's spice has long since left and it never makes a return, if you like foody scents but you aren't a fan of spice; don't kiss this scent off the testing list because its only there in the beginning. It's a nice scent not really my type, but if you want to reminisce about baklava andcafe au lait at a lovely Greek restaurant the Latin quarter of Montreal this is it!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Just tried this for the first time today and it is smells very much like the sweet brown sugar dry down of Illusion (Halloween 2013) minus the pumpkin/frankincense and the harsher cinnamon heavy stage at the beginning. I actually don't get a ton of spice from this, which is fine with me. I love the spiciness of Illusion, but is does burn my skin, so I have to be circumspect in my application. BBC is straight up, yummy caramel and toasty brown sugar with a hint of spices and the warmth of cream. I think I may get a big bottle of this one!

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am

I bought this scent because I am owned by a big black cat, and I thought he would approve the purchase. (He did.)

BBC is waking up to find out that you have an expected day off for snow and falling back asleep with your house panther purring beside you. It's getting out of bed late and deciding to make oatmeal for breakfast — not the boring instant kind, but real, steel-cut oatmeal with all those fixings you never take time for on busy mornings: brown sugar and cream and crushed walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon. It's staying warm inside your house with your robe and your bunny slippers and the electric blanket on low. It's watching the snow fall outside your window and daring to hope that tomorrow you'll have another snow day...

In the bottle, this is heavy on the caramel, but on my skin the caramel is muted by fall/wintery spices — cinnamon and clove are prominent but it's a complex blend overall. Sweet but not cloying. The scent doesn't change much for me dry — lots of warm, oatmealiness that lasts all day. Definitely a lot of throw — my coworker from a cubicle away asked if I had made a cup of chai tea when I wore it to work one day. This is a scent I wear in moderation — too gourmandy for everyday wear but definitely evokes a cozy feeling that keeps me coming back.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:44 am

Don't dig this burnt butter and sugar gig,it's a lot like heka and a few others. To each his own,but it's not my cup of tea.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:35 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Don't dig this burnt butter and sugar gig,it's a lot like heka and a few others. To each his own,but it's not my cup of tea.
I noticed that a few of the perfumes you seem to be having a more difficult time with mention bourbon vanilla or have a heavier/wetter sweet tone in terms of the notes. Have you done any comparison with other perfumes regarding scents of death? It's always interesting to me to see what notes can smell amazing on one person, but the same exact notes can go terribly wrong on another. After reading some of your reviews, I've been curious about what's been working for you and what hasn't been.

I looked over your favorites list, and it seems like the ones that work for you may have a more dry edge, and I'm curious if you tend to lean more toward dry sweet perfumes vs "wet" sweet (I think of caramel as a wet sweet). I think we have a great group of folks here who would be happy to help you out with their favorites once we figure out what you feel works better with your skin chemistry. :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 am

Thank you Maya. My favotites so far are queen of Sheba,cri De Coeur,silver vanilla,scent of angels. But my fav is definately queen of Sheba,it lasts and is intoxicating. I have not had the pleasure of trying them all,but I think you could be onto something with da bourbon vanilla and caramel. I liked room of melancholia too,but it deserts me after a few minutes. I'm enjoying da journey,good and bad,it's fascinating.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:04 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Thank you Maya. My favotites so far are queen of Sheba,cri De Coeur,silver vanilla,scent of angels. But my fav is definately queen of Sheba,it lasts and is intoxicating. I have not had the pleasure of trying them all,but I think you could be onto something with da bourbon vanilla and caramel. I liked room of melancholia too,but it deserts me after a few minutes. I'm enjoying da journey,good and bad,it's fascinating.
The great thing about Possets is that we can try sooooo many samples and get a feel for what works and what doesn't. I really enjoyed trying EVERY sample I got, and it opened my mind to possibilities I didn't think I would like (and, to be fair, there were some perfumes I thought I would love that didn't thrill me as much). It's a fun journey. I'm glad you are enjoying it! :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:08 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Thank you Maya. My favotites so far are queen of Sheba,cri De Coeur,silver vanilla,scent of angels. But my fav is definately queen of Sheba,it lasts and is intoxicating. I have not had the pleasure of trying them all,but I think you could be onto something with da bourbon vanilla and caramel. I liked room of melancholia too,but it deserts me after a few minutes. I'm enjoying da journey,good and bad,it's fascinating.
I love all the ones you mentioned, and sometimes find caramel overpowering and cloying. Do you like coconut? If so, you should try Seascape.