BBC - The Big Black Cat

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Re: BBC - The Big Black Cat

Post by noddygirl1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Thank you Maya and hill 78. I will try seascape for sure. Maybe I come across a different way to you folks,I'm Australian and perhaps I come across as rude or blunt ect,but I'm just sharing my honest opinion. Everyone one here is wonderful and speaks beautifully about scents and where they transport them. Hopefully I can be more informative than a just plain "Yuck" next time h!assaaaaaaaa,I'm still learning. What are your favourites Maya and hill 78 ? What do you think creates such an obsession with perfumes ? I'm definately obsessed !!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 pm

If you like dry sweet, try silver amber. It's wonderful

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:08 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Thank you Maya and hill 78. I will try seascape for sure. Maybe I come across a different way to you folks,I'm Australian and perhaps I come across as rude or blunt ect,but I'm just sharing my honest opinion. Everyone one here is wonderful and speaks beautifully about scents and where they transport them. Hopefully I can be more informative than a just plain "Yuck" next time h!assaaaaaaaa,I'm still learning. What are your favourites Maya and hill 78 ? What do you think creates such an obsession with perfumes ? I'm definately obsessed !!
I like your honest opinion, but it has led me to wondering what you like/don't like and what works for you/doesn't work. :grin:

We're such great enablers, ummm I mean helpers, here. AND there are SO MANY wonderful perfumes, that I think most people can find a lot to love here--sometimes the search criteria just needs to be refined a bit to find the loves and that's one of the things I like to do (help people find their loves).

As to my favorites, I have soooo many that question is hard for me to answer. I have always hated to be nailed down to a particular color, scent, food. I like my options open, which is one reason I love being here. Having said that, some of the ones I go to over and over again vary depending on season and mood. I gravitate toward the lavenders (like Silver Lavender, Indigo, Lavender Pepys) or soft ginger like Flossing when I'm stressed. When I need comfort I lean toward Gingerbread Whorehouse, Gingerbaby, Apep (that's one of my all time favorites, but it can only be gotten now through retours), Moonie (discontinued). When I want to feel feminine and playful I tend to go toward grapefruit scents like Dance With Me, Empyrean, Point, Hubris (another one of my favorites that I keep trying to not use so I don't use it all up), but I also love the softness of Silver Lily, Silver Bells, and Silver Carnation. I have entirely too many that I love (not that I'm complaining). Others that I tend to go to often are The Moon, Abraxas (mmmm sooooo goood!), Cri de Coeur, Orion (love love love). Others that I'm always happy to grab when I'm not looking but they show up for me are: Theodora, The Shipman, just about any chypre Fabienne makes (soosooosoo good), Gypsy Grave, The Damned Flower. I still have so many more that I could list, and I know I'm not alone in this. :wink: It's also fun to discover new loves with each new seasonal that comes out. Favorites is much too hard to nail down for me. :debbil:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Let's see....I love so many scents. Some of my most current favorites are Seascape, Leda and the Swan, Amethyst, The Countess (sadly LE), and Cri de Couer (this is a long time love, I often come back to it during warmer months). If you are hankering for a scent with a caramel component that is less sticky/wet you might consider The Seductive Jesuit. It comes across as a very dry/musky type of sweet scent. It is now permanent so you could get a sample. I love the lavender/coffee element of that one.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you fireweaver,Maya and hill 78. It means alot to me that you've taken da time to chat about what I may like....it's just such an interesting subject,I am obsessed,maybe possessed by perfume haaaaa,like I know most of you are too. Yes and we have many different perfumes for different moods....that's why people with a signature scent have been missing out,why would you just settle for one scent all your life,when you can experience da magic and discovery of endless different scents !!! Scents you love,scents you don't,scents that transport you,scents you find interesting......it's all part of da experience if we all loved or disliked everything,where would da challenge be,what would we debate and talk about. People are individuals,that's what makes it fun. My life has become richer now that I have discovered people like myself. Thank you everyone,keep up your beautiful posts....some of you should write a book !! There's a lot of talent and imagination here !!

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Also how do you afford it,ahhhhhhhhhh. $75 US dollars equals $100 Australian. I really want to try,try,try.......but it's expensive. So I'll just have to save my dollars !! How do you peeps afford it,I guess for a passion you just gotta make it work....da prices going up floored me even more,but it is what it is. Happy sniffing

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:07 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Also how do you afford it,ahhhhhhhhhh. $75 US dollars equals $100 Australian. I really want to try,try,try.......but it's expensive. So I'll just have to save my dollars !! How do you peeps afford it,I guess for a passion you just gotta make it work....da prices going up floored me even more,but it is what it is. Happy sniffing
The samples were a BIG help to me when I first joined, and then when I realized I also got free samples when I ordered perfumes I was thrilled. The samples helped me figure out what I liked and what I didn't, and I made myself sniff and try them without looking at the notes so I wouldn't be prejudiced against something that could be wonderful. After several rounds of samples and taking a lot of notes, I began to see a trend of what worked vs what didn't and began to order more bottles that way. I still have oodles of notes and lists (and a few from the permanent line that I need to order based on them), and although some of my tastes have shifted, I still adore some of the first ones I fell in love with here--and mostly because of the samples.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 pm

It's like Christmas over and over again,getting our packages,not knowing what they will Smell like.......truely wonderful!

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:48 pm

And not only am I addicted to da perfumes,but I've fallen in love with da art work,there are some beautiful moving paintings,it has made me want to learn more about da artists themselves,Google,Google,Google ha...I only really know about Van Gough,as I did an essay on him at school,we have a copy of "cafe terrace at night"...