Angelic Host (9th)-Seraphim (Yule 2010)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Angelic Host (9th)-Seraphim (Yule 2010)

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Very beautiful, sophisticated, not foody at all. Surprised how light it us with the ingredient list. On my skin amber and vanilla having equal billing.

InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Yum. I can't quite define any notes in this but it is pretty, sweet but resiny, and very feminine. I typically go for more masculine leather/aquatic/etc blends, but I really love wearing this in the winter-time. It's safe enough for work but do expect people to notice you and ask you what you're wearing. Over time, more of the vanilla comes out but this is definitely not a "vanilla" scent on my skin. Really pretty and it's cheering me up on this dreary winter day.

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 am

I'm so sad. This scent, once applied to my skin, causes nose blindness. I know I applied it, but, I can't smell it. I can smell it in the vial, and it's pretty. I know it's not my skin eating it, as it's still wet, and I sniff immediately. :gaah: :cuss: :cry:

Bea33
a spark
a spark

Post by Bea33 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

This one is going to be a full bottle purchase for me. It's a lovely amber, not overly sweet and with some depth to it, but with vanilla smoothing it out. It doesn't turn powdery on me, but it's still soft. Simple but divine. Just perfect, and I'm in love.

Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 pm

This is another amazing jackpot of a scent find.

Wet - Foody, ambery vanilla.

Dry - Less foody, still sweet. This wafts a wonderful perfectly edible vanilla and the scent up close is almost exactly the same with more resin detectable. It lasts forever and has moderate throw. This is bottle-worthy for me.

All I've got of Possets so far is the vanilla sampler and this is the 3rd "I need a bottle" scent. I am not used to this kind of success!! xD

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:47 am

Okay, I've let it mellow out for a month now--and it's a good thing that the notes which first made me feel like running to people and asking them to sniff it are still definitely there! :frolic:

Okay, this blend (to me) is such a great portrayal of biblical angels. It starts off like vanilla (single-cream vanilla, that is) and candied-like pale amber, but it feels 'out-of-this-world' and glowy. I almost feel weightless while wearing it, but despite the sweet 'whiteness' of this whole fragrance--it also gives out a 'POWER WOMAN' kind of aura. I can barely figure out how to describe it. It makes me literally imagine the kind of angel that pops in with a flaming sword on one hand, and an open 'ready-to-help-you-out' palm on the other (and even though you know you haven't done anything bad per se, you kind of feel like, "Woah, I can tell that this is the kind of smell that would send demons running.").

The staying power is also pretty good. It sticks around for 2 hours before morphing into a sweet, milky vanilla scent. The Seraphim's calmed down from their 'Fear not, I have come to help, BUT WOE BETIDE YOU IF YOU EVER TRY TO CROSS ME' mood--it's chillaxing now, and it's amping out this motherly, faint and milky fragrance (which didn't turn sour on my skin).

So yeah, it's the first time I smelled anything that's sweet, scary, but still giving off this 'white' and 'glowing' mood. It's seriously good, and if any of you guys want to feel like a Paladin shield-maiden ('Scuse the D&D ref) or the shiny version of Joan of Arc, I REALLY recommend you to try this perfume.