Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Aevalin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flossing

Post by Aevalin »

(a protype not yet released)

The ETDQ is a wonderful sharer :) She passed along a sniffle of this wonderful scent that the lovely Fabienne passed along to her. People this is yummy yummy stuff. YUMMY.

In the vial - It's warm. It's vanillay, but it's not foodie as such. There's something very very smooth about it. There's definitely an element of Madame X in it. ETDQ suggested a mix of Mme. X and Luminaria as well, and I think I agree.

Wet - it's still like Luminaria and Madame X had a love child ;)

On - well for fun I combined Luminaria and Madame X on one arm, and put Flossing on the other. There are definitely similarities, but Flossing is superior. It's fuller, rounder, a titch sweeter. I can't wait for this to come out - it's going to be huuuuuuuuuuuugely popular me thinks!!!
gaia
mortal
mortal

Flossing

Post by gaia »

:shocked: This sounds *very* exciting!

great :neutral: .....now I can't wait ' till this one goes live.......(I don't 'do' patience very well :bigsmile:)
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Flossing

Post by Gemma »

All I can say is. . . MUST HAVE! *grabby hands*
sfsassy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flossing

Post by sfsassy »

Sounds like a cute little "love child"! Can't wait.
eviltemptressdq

Flossing

Post by eviltemptressdq »

Fabienne just mentioned this one in her blog! Looks like it will be part of the Summer collection. Woohoo! *drools*
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flossing

Post by Catsmeow »

I received a sample of the Flossing prototype – I am so excited! I’ll do my best to do it justice in reviewing it! Here are Fabienne’s blog notes about this fragrance:

Flossing: “It is named for the involved hand embroidery done on a corset at the very end and it's just a pretty word. This little perfume is impossible for me to get out of my head and it might strike the right chord with you as well. It is going to be part of the Summer Collection, just so you know”.

I’m in the minority here when I say that I don’t pick up on any notes of Madame X or Luminaria whatsoever. Visually it conjures up images of sheer tulle, puffy clouds, floating on air, sunshine, and butterflies. On the color spectrum – gossamer white (or the palest flaxen yellow). Flossing is the epitome of purity and innocence. There are very sheer notes of powder, sugar wafers and whipped lemon meringue – without it being overly foody! There is a mild floral wafting in the background (perhaps honeysuckle), but you have to search for the flowers. There is white musk on the dry down, and an anchoring of a light wood...perhaps blond bamboo? I like this perfume very much. If I had to imagine the perfect children’s fragrance, this would be it – yet it remains just complex enough for an adult to enjoy!

This is a delight! :rainbow:
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Flossing

Post by forspecial »

I got to try Flossing thanks to Fabienne's generosity....here's what I thought of it!

At first it's a very full, 'ripe' vanilla scent. I'm not sure how to explain that but there you go. It's sweet and has almost a fruity element to me. Someone asked if it smelled like cocoa, and I'm going to say no, it doesn't make me think of cocoa. Actually, it made me think of a vanilla counterpart to Haute Love. I think I can pick out the ginger a little bit, although I'm not sure I'd recognize it if I didn't read ginger in the description.

The kicker is that the scent very quickly fades to a fraction of the power it started with (that's on my skin, mind you...probably not true for everyone). The initial burst of big vanilla fades and it becomes a softer, very pretty scent. It's a softer vanilla with the musk that someone else mentioned. It does remind me of Madame X, and a little bit of Luminaria. It definitely has the characteristic 'Possets' scent....you would know this was a Possets scent if you had smelled the others. An image I kept getting was of a woman's 'make-up' table or 'beauty station' as my friend calls it....somewhere that a woman sits to look in the mirror while putting on make-up and getting ready for a formal occasion.

A couple hours later, the scent has changed again, and there are the woods from the description. At this point it's not working all that well on my skin, but I had already decided it was a bit feminine for me. It's interesting that someone mentioned it's a little girl's scent....to me it was a rather sophisticated woman's scent, but I can also imagine a girly quality as well. Maybe it has both?

I think this will be a very popular scent!
moonarcana
preternatural being
preternatural being

Flossing

Post by moonarcana »

OK, since I posted over on the BPAL forum that Flossing reminds me of a chocolate malt - I just thought I'd mention here that I wore Flossing today, on me and in my scent locket. Although my skin totally eats up the scent and it doesn't last more than a couple of hours on me - in the scent locket is awesome. I've been sticking the locket up to my nose all day. Creamy, but not vanilla like "oh yeah, I smell vanilla", but most likely that's what gives the scent it's soft fluffiness. I smell ginger kicking up her heels in the background, but really and truly - it's a chocolate malt. So much that on the way home I even stopped at UDF (United Dairy Farmers here in Cincinnati) and got a chocolate malt so I could quit obsessing as to whether it was just my imagination. It's not. It's so remarkably similar to my nose - soft cocoa (I certainly am not insinuating that it's an all-out chocolate scent) and soft musky maltiness with a spike of peppery ginger. Plus, what a great excuse to go off my diet! :crazy:

I'm definitely picking up a bottle of this one - it's wonderful!
stonechiper

Flossing

Post by stonechiper »

MMM, sweet creamy and subtle. Put a 'Nilla wafer in a bag of gingersnaps, leave overnight, take out and inhale. This is what Flossing smells like to me. Soft vanilla with a slight tinge of spicy ginger, sugar and that wonderful creamy Possets base. A great fragrance to wear in those places were people rankle their noses at scents they deem too "perfumy", as I can't imagine a soul who could find this scent anything but lovely.
Tempestteapot
mortal
mortal

Flossing

Post by Tempestteapot »

I've got it on both wrists and tucked the open bottle in my bra as I lounge here on the couche (thank god for reducer tops). I can't get enough of this one! Wonderful vanilla and so smooth.