Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

goherd
mortal
mortal

Great Psychiatrist of Babylon

Post by goherd »

In bottle- rich vanilla,whiskey,and incense
5 min- Where did it go? Whabaam! It just grabs onto you in a sneaky way. Pure posset magic.....is happening!
10 min-smelling lots of vanilla,sugar,and incense....!;)! Yeah....move over Pink Sugar this is what you should have been! So wonderful.....if you have an achey sweet tooth this is for you! This vanilla sweetness is a masterpiece! This should be permanent! 15 -20 min- I am fighting the urge to bathe in this. It is SEXY!
2 hour- used a bit for test and it's still smelling less potent but sweet. Love it.
katymae16
a spark
a spark

Post by katymae16 »

Ok, in the bottle it is butter rum Lifesavers. I just about died and went to heaven!

On my skin it is dry woods and vanilla with a touch of incense, and I am SO glad I have a bottle. This isn't foody at ALL with my chemistry, but it's gorgeous.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Back in the day, before a formal id, ego, and super-ego early psychiatrists roamed the land looking for loonies upon whom they could practice their trade. Babylon was a veritable hot bed of psychiatric investigation, and practiced by the female inhabitants of the city. The hypnotic base of the finest Bourbon vanilla shot through with incense smoke and the auxillary smoke from "punk" fire, caramel, incense, and a small shot of whiskey on the side (for medicinal purposes only). There, now don't you feel better?"

Mini review until (and if) I post additions: She goes on with the best boozy vanilla toffee note, then as she dries the "punk" fire and incense come through. I can't stop sniffing this one. Much more complex than I expected it would be, and also more delicately beautiful than I expected, as well. As she dries further, the caramel rises to blend beautifully with the other notes. She is beautiful, really really beautiful.

Edited to add that it has been several hours now, and I am in love. On me, the sweetness is there, but it is tempered oh so beautifully with the incense. I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this one often. Lovely. Very very lovely.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Wearing this one again today. As I was trying to explain in my head why I like this one so much, I realized part of it is because even though it has sweet notes, it's not really that sweet when it dries down. It's like it takes the boozy vanilla/toffee/caramel and dries them out so you get the very core of those notes without keeping them sticky and wet. I don't often buy the larger bottles, but I'm already considering a larger in this one--or several more small ones. This is gorgeous and sexy and wow. I can't get enough of this one.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

This is a Possets masterpiece! It's like a olfactory journey to a cognac cellar, the booze, the oak casks, spices...it's simply exotic. Unisex, slightly sweet in the beginning but dries down much less so. Good lord it's gorgeous! I'm leaving this review to go buy a bigger bottle! I was going to test it further but I'm sitting here sniffing myself and I know I don't need to :)
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

@tarayvonne I completely agree. I cannot get enough of this one. It's soooo amazing. Like I said above, it's much more complex than I expected it to be. Although all the notes are there, they are just so much greater mixed together (and the way they are mixed together--sigh) than I expected. So gorgeous.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

Totally starts out like butterscotch candy, which I adore!, but then quickly morphs into a strong whiskey, changing finally at the end of the day into this slightly masculine leaning unisex scent. It's quite seductive and very, dare I say?, intoxicating. This is everything I love about perfume oils.

Every Great ____ of Babylon scent gets better and better. I hope the theme continues in future updates.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

There will be more great female professions of Babylon. there is a lot to make up for regarding working women in that fine old city (and great comic names to be mined here). Watch for The Great MBA of Babylon sometime. Too funny...
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This starts with a blast of sweet wet butter rum but very quickly settles into a dry, much less sweet, woody-vanilla. It goes from candy to unisex - that's a first!! Lightly incense-y, non-foody vanilla, warm pale (think cedar or pine, not mahogany) woods. The throw gets better after it's been on for a couple of minutes. Pretty and airy, but definitely unisex.

This scent reminds me of Perpetual Motion, but I find this more wearable because it is drier and airier.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pink.dot »

It starts like everyone says very buttery and it reminds me popcorn! Then I get a smokey bourbon vanilla and it stays that way. I Love Possets vanilla scents( except of the girls love vanilla) and this will make it to my collection :X