Moderator: Maya

goherd
mortal
mortal

Theodora

Post by goherd »

Bottle sniff- what is in this? Sweet,honey note,fruit, and vanilla
5 min- empty cheerios box and oude with some musk
10 min- magic.....a nice blend of wearable musks,Oude,floral, and vanilla. This is Fabienne's forte...it's remarkable like the closeness found in Snow on Bare Skin and 301...! It is not a shouter but so nice,and the longer it sets I keep getting a honey...or resinous note. Wow....! I think its the myrrh and frankincense. Both tend to smell a bit sweet and almost honey on me.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Theodora

Post by gypsyjolie »

@goherd - "empty cheerios box and oude with some musk ". I laughed until I had tears in my eyes at this. Excellent!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
goherd
mortal
mortal

Theodora

Post by goherd »

It is what it reminded me of....after it developed it was so nice. I have the weirdest skin chemistry...it will smell 90% better on others. My skin eats or turns things to weird scents like canteloupe.,honey, and papaya....that aren't even in the scents. I know Fabienne works on these ..blood,sweat,and tears,so no insult meant. Sometimes smell associations just happen. Lol! It really is nice.
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Theodora

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

empty cheerios box :-)) i would love to know what note caused that! (i can relate, as i have a favorite bpal that goes thru a "bandaid smell" phase on me before it dries down.)

this sounds beautiful. i didn't buy it because i've been much with the dark and resinous of late and wanted to diversify the scent portfolio, but as more people get theirs in, i might swap it with someone for one of my less-loved valentines.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Theodora

Post by fabienne »

It's elimi. That little herb is famous for a "bandaid/paper/cardboard" smell and can amp on some folks or be tame and calm on others. I think a lot of it is how you interpret the scent, but then again, that is ALWAYS the biggest component of whether you like something or not.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
goherd
mortal
mortal

Theodora

Post by goherd »

Fabienne, you do a wonderful job. I learn so much from your comments and work. I guess I get the amped elimi . I am going to be wearing it this week. It's a nice scent.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Theodora

Post by Maya »

You know, this one wasn't as high on my want list, but you mention bandaid/paper/cardboard, and now I think I'm a goner. Lemming is going full force. :X
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Caelix
mortal
mortal

Theodora

Post by Caelix »

Now I'm even more excited to get this in the mail, it's the only one of the Valentine's I've gone for so far, and I can't wait :)
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Theodora

Post by mina »

In the bottle : sweet, vanilla and musk.
On the skin : musk, a little bit of vanilla or honey and wood and resin but sweet. I smell something floral too and incense.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Theodora

Post by gypsyjolie »

official description:

Beloved of Justinian, she started her life as a prostitute and dancer who attracted the greatest man in the empire. She became the empress of all Byzantium, hated by many and who outsmarted all. It was to her that the proud Justinian turned when others could not give him the guidance. One of the truly great women of the Middle Ages. All the rich and precious resins of the Byzantine empire poured into the blend: musk (both black and red), tears of frankincense, tears of vanilla, sandalwood, vetiver and myrrh, a kiss of 'nard. Kiss of oude.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm very nice!

wet: honeyed vanilla and that paper note. It's like a library book and honeyed vanilla. *swoon*

drying: the musky components soften and come forward as it warms up on my skin, and this gets more resin-y, now smelling sort of like an amber-vanilla scent. Red musk will do that to my nose. This is SEXY and sweet.

fully dry: resiny-vanilla musky clouds. Soft, hazy, sweet, dreamy and feminine but not "girly". I can smell the powdery edge of sandalwood now, and the touch of oude that makes it have a hint of something like leather in it. It's quite exotic and has a lot of depth to it. The throw is almost all vanilla incense.

Decent throw. Love this. Bottle for sure.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings