Theodora

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Theodora

Post by Maya »

Oh my, Gypsyjolie. Your review on top of the others shot this to the top of my next order. Mmmmm!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Theodora

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

crap. ;-)
wl552
powers
powers

Theodora

Post by wl552 »

To me, with my skin chemistry, this goes almost instantly masculine. I can't really describe it... it's like a sexy cologne, but not really a cologne... ugh. I lack the words. After three hours, it's still very strong under my nose; wafting up from where I sprayed it on my neck. I actually wish I could cuddle down into it. It's masculine, for sure, but one that I don't mind wearing at all... I smell like I've hugged the Mr and his scent is lingering on my clothes. Mmmm.
pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Theodora

Post by pink.dot »

This is perfect! Instant Love :X
I wish I could describe scents better to do this justice. I totally agree with Gypsyjolie's review.
I get a resinous vanilla, amber,frankincense and tiny bit of vetiver. I also smell something like a green note, maybe it's the nard and this is what I love about it.
I don't really like red musk but in this scent it doesn't bother me.
emma
archangel
archangel

Theodora

Post by emma »

This has become one of my go-to scents for bed. I would agree with gypsiejolie, the best description I can think of would be exotic! Very glad I got a bottle :)
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Theodora

Post by tarayvonne »

I second simonetta.vespucci....crap. I should have ordered this perhaps :( I might still, I'll have to think about it.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Theodora

Post by tarayvonne »

Ok I did buy this and it just got here and gypsyjolie is spot on with her review. This is stunning! And yes it is unisex but to me this is very wearable for a woman. It's exotic and sexy. I'm considering a bigger bottle before they get taken down. I am very picky about perfumes and I can see myself reaching for this often. And with a collection like mine that's saying something because I have plenty of other choices.

*I just ordered a 10 ml cause I'm in love :)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Theodora

Post by Atropos »

Okay I had to giggle at the empty Cheerios box! Especially since I get empty Fruit Loops box when I open the bottle. Don't let daunt you, because on the skin....to do my George Takei imitation... OH MY!

Wet: empty Fruit Loops box...and one second later...fancy writing paper, while a lovely shaft of sunlight hits a glass of Red Zinger tea sweetened with honey and iced for the warm Summer breeze coming through the window.

Dry down: Resin, and vanilla, and honey, with that tart red fruit or hibiscus scent. I know hibiscus isn't in this but that's what the notes remind me of. Something succulent like a ripe red plum, though this is not fruity at all anymore. The paper scent has slid underneath the musks and resins. This is a gorgeous scent.

After time, and this is one that sticks with you and is not a fader, it smells like: honey, and incense, and vanilla tobacco (not cherry tobacco), with that tart note which is pleasant and does not turn sour at all. This is one SEXY scent.

Thank goodness the red musk Fabienne uses does not turn into peanut butter like BPALs does. And I think I get vanilla tobacco from the mix of resins and musks with the vanilla, nard and vetiver. The sandalwood never stands out to me, its too shy, but I think it adds to the general sense of "smoothness" that I get from this. This queen is a keeper! If you haven't tried her, and you love resinous scents...this is a must have. I am definitely voting for her to stay. Justinian isn't the only one who is head over heals for the lady.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Theodora

Post by Maya »

I am wearing Theodora all by herself today, and all I can say is Oh. My. Goodness. The little dab I tried before did her NO justice (and I liked her then).

In the bottle, I get a deep honeyed almost buttery incense and resin mix. Almost immediately on the skin, she begins to open up more and I get an array of resins and incense--but not head shop incense, oh no, this is the incense you would burn in the darkest night under a blue velvet canopy. It's deep, rich, and smells like a thousand-year-old treasured secret brought out only for High Holy days. (Which is probably the frankincense and myrrh shining through, as they were often used in many places for celebrations of holy days...so that would make sense.)

I was actually hoping for some of that cardboard, but she never went that way for me. Instead, I am getting the most beautiful resins and oude, with the vetiver (this is probably one of the prettiest vetiver mixes I've smelled to date--it's not going super perfumey the way many do on my skin, but I am getting that lovely dried aromatic grassy note) and sandalwood weaving in and out. The honey note plays along, sometimes rising, sometimes falling, as each note weaves around the others. Because these other notes are so incredibly beautiful, I don't miss that cardboard one little bit (and I thought I would).

This is no little girl perfume, by any stretch. This is a full grown woman with curves and confidence and brains, and she knows how to use them all. This one is absolutely stunning. Stunning and gorgeous, and rich. Wow. Just wow.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Theodora

Post by wl552 »

Am I the only one who gets masculine from this? Either my nose is wonky or I have wonky skin chemistry. XP

I'm going to have to rewear it again soon to check myself. :)