Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Theodora

Post by tarayvonne »

@hill78
You sound like a girl after my own heart lol! The only one I don't know about (yet) is Custance. The rest rocked my socks-they're all fabulous! Some of the best of the best in that list.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Theodora

Post by hill78 »

I am already filling another cart. Ahhhh. I am so bad, lol.
emma
archangel
archangel

Theodora

Post by emma »

Hill78, you may be bad, but at least you won't smell like it! >:-)
sertso
mortal
mortal

Theodora

Post by sertso »

I finally got around to trying Theodora a two weeks ago and just can't put it down. Normally (i.e., in EVERY prior instance I know of) every time a perfume has vetiver in it, I hate it. Like can't get the bottle far enough away from me.
But I had to give this one a try because everything else in it constitutes what I'd call my ideal perfume. I won't say I can't smell the vetiver, but in this one it's so far behind everything else, that I just love it. Slightly dark, warm, sort of woody, and definitely smelling like what I'd expect from the Near East. Long lasting. And quite intimate--especially after a few hours.
My 2 10ml bottles arrived today, and I really don't know how long they are going to last, I like it so much.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Re: Theodora

Post by lizbet »

I love resins so I had to try this one. It's very regal and beautiful, but I think I personally prefer Dominions a bit more as it has more throw and longevity for me.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

This one is quite a winner for me, too. I love the way it smells after a nice hot shower.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
emma
archangel
archangel

Post by emma »

This one zoomed up to my top 5! It is pure resin and oude on me which I love, I often wear it to bed because I love having my sheets smell like this! :hrt::
lora
primordial
primordial

Post by lora »

I just rec'd this the other day and pulled it out today to wear it without looking at the description. I thought it was very light going on and could hardly smell it, so when I touched up, a bit later, I was sitting at the computer filling out a job application and the most gorgeous fragrance starting wafting from me! I couldn't get my wrist away from my nose! I love this. I'm so glad it's permanent. It just smelled sweet and sensual. I looked up the notes and I was surprised to see that this was indeed a resin oil. I don't know how Fabienne does it but some of her resin blends are softer than other companies. .....and that's a compliment. I love frankincense and myrhh, red and black musk and vanilla .....and this is so expertly blended that you can't really pick the notes out but it's just a sweet, smooth oudish light resin. I'm in love!!! Thank you Fabienne!! Gorgeous!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Beloved of Justinian, she started her life as a prostitute and dancer who attracted the greatest man in the empire. She became the empress of all Byzantium, hated by many and who outsmarted all. It was to her that the proud Justinian turned when others could not give him the guidance. One of the truly great women of the Middle Ages. All the rich and precious resins of the Byzantine empire poured into the blend: musk (both black and red), tears of frankincense, tears of vanilla, sandalwood, vetiver and myrrh, a kiss of 'nard. Kiss of oude."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya, there are more Theodora reviews here--do you think they could (or should) be folded in with this thread? http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1540
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.