Theodora

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Theodora

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:Maya, there are more Theodora reviews here--do you think they could (or should) be folded in with this thread? http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1540
I'll merge them. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

My pleasure. :)

My big bottle of Theodora has had a few weeks to settle now, and it's all the more deep and resonant for it. On me this is definitely unisex, skewing slightly masculine--very woody, rich, and dark but with very little sweetness. It's a powerful, exotic fragrance for sure, like nothing else I've ever owned, and I know that come cool weather I'll be reaching for it a lot. It manages to be sexy, cuddly, and a little austere at the same time... another marvel from Fabienne!

ETA: I just dabbed a little Moonie on top, and o sweet shade of Scheherazade! Magnificent combination!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia »

I ordered this scent to try just because of the name Theodora. That name sort of has personal meaning for me. If I had stayed in Switzerland at the Novitiate, Sister Theodora would have been my new name, chosen to honor my favorite saint, St. Theodore Tyro. He was one of the warrior saints, remembered for defiantly burning down a pagan temple, and being burned to death himself in return. Anyways, it wasn't meant to be, I had to come home home and take care of my grandpa who is terminally sick with cancer. That's life, I guess.

As for the scent of Theodora, it does kind of remind me of my time in Switzerland, there is something very ancient about it, like the medieval churches in the canton of Valais. It also has a deep smokiness which seems fitting for my fiery patron saint. A bittersweet scent to go with some bittersweet memories for me.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Theodora is definitely in my top 10. To me, she is almost a mix of Howl and a bit of Morgan Le Fey's spice. So many good things in one, vanilla, spikenard, resins, spice and my beloved oude. I do not find this masculine, I find it damn sexy. If you like Howl and Heka, you will like Theodora. I can tell I will need another bottle soon.
Last edited by sillageslut on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

Had to update since my last review. This has turned into decadent syrupy rich sweet resins and I like it much more than Dominions now (although I can't see how I compared them before--I don't see the similarity now.) :hrt::
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Another gone straight to my bottle wishlist. I love love love vetiver, and I get good whiffs of it with myrrh at the start, with some spikenard. Then it softens quite a lot and I detect frankincense and the musks, with the vanilla and oude emerging last. My one and only negative is that my skin seems to eat this. Sillage is so very light it's making this a personal close-to-the-skin scent on me. I'm prepared to slather though, as this one is magic.
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

I don't know why I never tried this before and now that I have a bottle, I'm wondering why I didn't order a 10ml to begin with. One of my favourite Possets for sure - musky, resiny, a little woody, a little sweet. It's absolutely perfect.
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

this reminds me of a cake made of sticky resins and apple juice. it's not truly foodie, but it's on the foodie side of what I can pull off. this has been one of the richer and deeper possets on my skin. the resins here are dark and chocolatey, but the scent as a whole has a lot of brightness and sweetness. the more I wear it, the more I come to love it. it's honestly something I still need to figure out if I'm to describe it better. a cousin of sorts to howl. as it dries down, the red musk comes forward, and I still smell traces of apple juice behind it.
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

Got a bottle of this a few months ago unsniffed. At the time, that I tried it, I was like meh. Just musky, with a hint of resins, nothing spectacular on my skin. But now that it has aged for a while, boy oh boy is this great. It is everything I had hoped it to be and more. In the bottle it is sweet syrupy musk all the way, but on my skin it blossoms. As it warms to my skin, I start smelling glorious frankincense and myrrh, the spicy sandalwood, and a hint of vanilla. There is a distinct spiciness in the background that I take as the vetiver/oude/spikenard. Boy is this sexy. I agree with other reviewers that this could be a unisex fragrance, if a man was wearing this, hoo boy watch out. Sillage is very light on me, but lasts a long time. This is the perfect scent if you want to seduce, great skin scent. I am going to get a big bottle of this and age it for like six months....perfection.