The Mistress of Power

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

The Mistress of Power

Post by Boudicca » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I am on my Nook so I'm going to keep this short.

This is Yummmy! Sweet & sexy! Chocolate and musk; I can just detect the clove. Longevity is pretty kickass - it's not obvious at this point but still going after 13hrs or so. Yes, I slathered a good bit on but I have the dreaded "perfume eating skin." Another winner :)
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: The Mistress of Power

Post by hill78 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 pm

An almost indescribable fragrance of great potency. An incense and musk scent, a great oriental. Black, grey, and golden musks at the base, a good part of aged patchouli (which has gone from a thin light yellow to a thick dark brown over the years in the curing cabinet) there is absolutely nothing coy about this blend. Backdrop of a non foody and more brandy-like chocolate liquor, a small amount of clove, all finished off with an ambergris-like musk for a shadow-like staying power.

Wonderful chocolate note, followed by a soft, smooth, woodsy note (aged patchouli?). Quite strong at first, but softer than expected once dry. There is still a suggestion of chocolate, but I don't think anyone would smell it and immediately go, "Hey, chocolate!" Once this is completely dry, the gorgeous mix of musks has it's chance to shine. Warm, gently sweetened by the chocolate liquor. This is a beautiful scent. And certainly power, although quietly so, not in an in-your-face way.

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 am

Wow this is really different! It starts almost like chocolate and caramel, then morphs at the speed of light into cocoa/aged patchouli with no caramel, then less cocoa and more incense/clove combination with a backdrop of slightly animalistic musk. Wow what a carnival ride of a perfume! Total morpher :-) It's really unusual and neat though. The stages are really distinct and separate as I mentioned above so it's a cool play from one stage to another.

I find this rather sexy, and I get the "Mistress of Power" name completely from this. It's spot on because it makes me think of a "sweet dominatrix" lol! Sometimes she's lovey-dovey but other times someone's getting the whip :f:
Last edited by tarayvonne on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't need to do a review because Tarayvonne nailed it perfectly for me. That animalic note mixed with the others (and that spice!) is straight sexy.

I will say, I really like how the decant bottle smells so rich and sweet, but on the skin it opens up into the sweetness dropping to the bottom, and the other notes coming in and drying this out, but retaining that sweet edge. Mmmmmm!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm

tarayvonne wrote:Wow this is really different! It starts almost like chocolate and caramel, then morphs at the speed of light into coco/aged patchouli with no caramel, then less coco and more incense/clove combination with a backdrop of slightly animalistic musk.
Wow, tarayvonne really nails this description. It starts off sweet when wet and very quickly morphs into resins and patchouli, just lightly sweetened. This is animalistic and rich and resin-y. It's exotic and sexy and a little feral. It's incense-y and a little ancient, a little headshoppy. The musks are not powdery or sharp as musks can sometimes be, and they keep the scent around a long time. It's quite a close to skin scent.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 am

I shouldn't have voted before receiving this one.
It's wonderful.
It makes me think of a French expression " une main de fer dans un gant de velours", a hand of steel in a velvet glove.
It's soft but strong, full of power but sexy.
Bravo fabienne :e:

amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Just joining the choir on this one. Gorgeous, rich, sexy, a little dangerous, definitely powerful but with a softness that is wonderful. Love!

Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

I don't like patchouli, but I wanted to give this scent a try anyway because of the reviews. My roommate agrees that this does smell mistressy. :rofl: And it is a commanding scent. However, unfortunately, I just don't think it's a scent for me. I absolutely smell the patchouli and other things that I can't separately identify. The patchouli stands out a little too much for me to really enjoy it though.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 am

This fragrance is so amazing that I registered for the forum just so I can rave about it. :-) I'm new to Possets, but definitely a fan now! I didn't request Mistress of Power in my original order of samples, probably because the description includes patchouli--something I usually have an aversion to--and I'm so glad Fabienne added a free sample of it to my order! I'm amazed at how a fragrance that starts out so demure--warm, golden, sweet--can evolve over the course of a few hours into an intoxicating experience that transports me to an ancient temple where precious spices and resins are burning on the altar to a formidable (and yes, powerful) goddess. This is just magnificent--and that's a word I don't think I've ever used for a fragrance before. I'm absolutely in love--and in awe!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

Petticoats wrote:This fragrance is so amazing that I registered for the forum just so I can rave about it. :-) I'm new to Possets, but definitely a fan now! I didn't request Mistress of Power in my original order of samples, probably because the description includes patchouli--something I usually have an aversion to--and I'm so glad Fabienne added a free sample of it to my order!!
Welcome! Fabienne is known for slipping us samples that win us over to things we'd never expect to love. (We suspect she's slightly psychic, but shhhh you didn't hear that from me. :wink: )
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!