Heka (Magic)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Heka (Magic)

Post by Anoxia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:26 pm

I have been wearing a ton of this. After writing the heartfelt review above, there is something I've noticed about it, and I wonder if anyone else has too. Sometimes it has the effect of smelling like dirty undies. I still think it is a "flippin masterpiece" 90% of the time, but on occasion it seems to change, or at least my perception of it does. Maybe it is interacting with my sweat?

I remember years ago some scientists were testing different scents to see if any of them could be considered an aphrodisiac to men, and they hit on the combination of pumpkin pie and lavender. Two scents which are both in Heka! So I wonder if the reason men find that particular combination arousing is because it mimics some kind of female pheromone. Could that be the underpants smell I sometimes perceive in Heka? It is an interesting theory.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Heka is indeed magic. First wiff, I get beautiful lavender and pumpkin, a combination that was not appealing to me when I heard it. They go so well together and the lavender is particularly beautiful! This initial smell changes to a deeper scent and I very much thought I detected oud, but it is not listed on the note list. In this phase, it very close to a BPAL pumpkin scent I love. Yesterday when I was wearing this, I was busy and uncharacteristically, did not smell my wrist until more than an hour after applying the scent. I was so surprised by the change! It completely morphed into a musky, sophisticated beauty that I would never recognize from the initial scent! Musk is not listed in the components but perhaps it is an incarnation of the eau de panties some are picking up. Definitely, this goes on the bottle wish list!
Last edited by Minh Scent on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:34 pm

I found the study! Here's a link to it http://aanos.org/human-male-sexual-resp ... y-stimuli/

Edit: Hmm, it seems it is a little PG-13. Mods, I will leave it up to you.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Anoxia wrote:I found the study! Here's a link to it http://aanos.org/human-male-sexual-resp ... y-stimuli/

Edit: Hmm, it seems it is a little PG-13. Mods, I will leave it up to you.
I think it's an interesting study. I don't see any reason to remove it.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

I think you have the makings of a very right assessment of the situation here.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 am

Wow, I so enjoyed reading this! It was also fascinating about lavender producing alpha waves (knew lavender was relaxing but did not know that link) and jasmine producing beta waves for opposite effect. Thank you so much for posting this, Anoxia! (Review added above.)