Heka (Magic)

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Heka (Magic)

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 am

There wasn't one note in the scent description for Heka that I didn't like, and true to form, this is just... wow. Pumpkin-y gourd, yes, but the sturdy support of seamlessly blended lavender and oakmoss takes it off the foody side and nudges it into earthy territory. This pleases me. There's spices here, and as the gourd recedes a little, the resin emerges to make the whole journey a fabulous one. It brings to mind a temple offering. Glorious.

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Hmm Heka is a beautiful scent that kinda scared me to try because of the lavender and thyme. I don't myself really get a gourd note per se I only realize it in relation to similarity with Jack and the Devil. They both have a powdery edge to me that vaguely has an essence of walking thru a pumpkin farm in fall. It is definitely more shell than meat, which is good. I certainly wouldn't describe it as foody although gourmand would be appropriate. I gratefully don't get the lavender it must be contributing to the powder and maybe the sweetness. I definitely get something like cinnamon, it is a definite spice bite. I do love it very much. I will say it did sting my skin a bit when I first put it on so that could be a caveat for the sensitive skin types; it did quickly go away. If Givenchy did a pumpkin scent I could see this as being the perfume he would create. It has the same class and power as death, albeit; in a different form, but it has a classic elegant perfumer's touch. I do very much adore it and it will most likely be in my next order as an add-on.

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:19 am

oooh I may have to get a full bottle of this one day. I think I get a little of the gourd at first but on me as it dries it turns to a lovely gingerbread sort of thing. As the day wears on I get whiffs of lavendar but sweetened(likely by the amber). Very nicely blended, I like this alot!

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm

I love pumpkin and holiday scents, but I'll have to retest this one. I get what people say by this is gourmandy, but not over-the-top. From first impressions, this has a bit too much of a "butter" note in it for my taste, but maybe that's because I was too busy juxtaposing this with my preconceived notions of what a pumpkin-gourd scent "should" smell like. I'm looking forward to a second trial!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 am

This is similar to Moonie, which I adore. It's got the warm amber base, a bit herbaceous and definitely spicy. The spices tone down after a time, and it takes on a softness (the lavender, perhaps). Amber sometimes turns powdery on my skin, but this is NOT happening with Heka. The notes blend nicely. Going to give this a few more tries and compare side-by-side with Moonie.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Yuck.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:34 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Yuck.
It's always interesting to me to see how different perfumes play on different people. Would you mind tell me what you got from this and why you didn't like it so much? I think getting a wide range of reviews (and why people feel the way they do about them) can be very helpful for other folks who want to know more about a perfume.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:00 am

Like you say they need time to breathe,they are definately mellowing with time. It smelt worse yesterday. I find heka be very vicious,I can't put my finger on it,or I would explain (burnt butter mixed with cat pee perhaps). However mum says she smells musk sticks with heka.Nuut is my least favourite,Heka comes second followed by gelato vanilla.Gelato vanilla is settling down a bit with time.But there are some that I love,that others will dislike,thats the beauty of life,if we all liked the same stuff we wouldn't have much to talk about.
Last edited by noddygirl1 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 am

Fabienne has created some really beautiful perfume oils,me and mum have already picked a few we want in larger sizes. I have them all displayed in a little tin,they have brought me so much joy x

Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Until I tried this scent I was positive that I didn't care for lavender, pumpkin, or amber. Especially amber, I never wear it because I associate it with old ladies for whatever reason. I don't know why I ordered this stuff which has all three notes in it, but I'm glad I did.

At first whiff It smelled medicinal, but I have learned not to judge by first whiffs anymore. I had no strong feelings toward Heka just then. Fast forward to later in the day as I opened the freezer to get some ice cubes. I smelled something fantastic. I started rooting all around in the freezer for whatever smelled so great, then I suddenly realized it was the Heka on the back of my hand. It really likes my chemistry I guess, because it had become greater than the sum of its parts somehow. It had become fantastic!

Heka is just enough of everything, not too much of anything, and it might be the way I naturally smelled if I was the Sexiest Person in the World. I kind of have a crush on it now. It's a flippin' masterpiece.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi