The Field of Reeds

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

The Field of Reeds

Post by hill78 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Relief and relaxation, paradise Egyptian style. Sweet sandalwood and two ambers, a touch of wood for reeds, and a kiss of golden musk, black pepper married with a drop of labdanum and this conjures the eternal happy golden light in which the elect must have bathed every day. A smooth and resinous sweet blend but with enough of the spice kick of a modern perfume to escape being downright primative.

This is indeed a warm, golden, soothing perfume for the senses. The ambers and wood notes combine to create the most beautiful sweet, woody resin scent. This is the kind of scent that I would wear with a warm sweater on a cold day while sipping a cup of the best white tea with honey. It is the ultimate comfort scent. My nose is telling me that there is vanilla in this somewhere, but it's probably getting that from one of the ambers used, it does sometimes do that. If you enjoy a soft, smooth, sweet amber with a gorgeous wood note, this is for you!

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Field of Reeds

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Dangit. This one was a toss-up for me as to whether to get a decant or a bottle, and I went with the decant. Sounds like it will end up being fbw. :l:

I so love snuggly cozy scents!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 pm

I, too, pick up something similar to vanilla. This settles down on me to something that smells like red cedar and a touch of vanilla, and it lasts forever. A definite keeper. :g:

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:55 pm

sertso wrote:I, too, pick up something similar to vanilla. This settles down on me to something that smells like red cedar and a touch of vanilla, and it lasts forever. A definite keeper. :g:
Yeah, I was thinking a lovely soft cedar as well. Sometimes cedar doesn't work well on me, but when it does....it is just as lovely as this. I think the ambers are what make this lovely and smooth and round, as well as giving it a sweet vanillic note. I love it so! Definitely ordering a big bottle.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Mmmmm! Right now I'm battling a migraine, but I wanted to try some of my decants. I'm glad that I decided to get to this one anyway instead of waiting. This is like Orion's stronger brother--but definitely not just for men.

I want to do a better review, but my head just timed me out. For now, I'll say: if you like wood with a touch of sweet (as I do), this is full bottle worthy. Gorgeous!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:55 pm

You got your decants? Then there's hope for me soon too :) :pom:

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 pm

tarayvonne wrote:You got your decants? Then there's hope for me soon too :) :pom:

I was hoping you'd gotten yours.

Maybe tomorrow? *Crossing fingers, toes, and eyes for you.

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Beautiful soft sandalwood and cedar, with a hazy golden musk. This is not dry, but emollient. The amber comes up and keeps the woody scent lightly sweet and adds to that resin-y golden feel of the scent. This is a really pretty use of dry cedar and sandalwood - balanced with amber and musk. This scent is cheerful and could be unisex if a man likes woody warm scents.

This smells like a woodshop with sunlight streaming in the windows on a beautiful summer day, with a hint of something sweet on the air (the amber is slightly vanillac).
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:41 pm

I only feel this is masculine in the beginning before it dries down completely. After it melts into my skin all I get is this gorgeous sandalwood/vanilla amber/very slight touch of cedar wood/slight touch of the golden musk mentioned above. If this had a little civet in it I would say this reminded me of one of those gorgeous fluffy-maned lions :) It leans toward being a bit leonine in nature. It feels regal to me. This ties Heka for first place on my list of favs :e: I never would have thought it because cedar and I have a bad bad history and too much of it pushes most perfumes containing this note into no buy territory for me. Cedar as a perfume note to me is more masculine, just a little too much so for me personally. But this is a very light-handed cedar, used with more potent notes that blend it over into something softer and more wearable for a woman. I feel like rolling around in some soft sheets with my boy when I'm wearing this because it's "comfort sexy". Comforting, yet still so sexy.

amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

This is so warm and luxurious and cozy. It must become permanent! I really think this one will replace Moonie (discontinued) for me. I tried them back to back and they really are similar in feel. Field of Reeds is a tad dryer in the late stages, but equally gorgeous and long lasting. If it is still around, I'll be ordering this when my Moonie runs out for sure.