The Field of Reeds

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

citadel
primordial
primordial

Re: The Field of Reeds

Post by citadel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh my gosh, I just got this in and it smelled familiar but I couldn't place it until just now:

it smells like a sister of Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille!!!! It has slightly less vanilla, but it has that same gently, smoky, woodsy vanilla vibe. Love, love, love this. I really hope it was chosen as one of the three permanents because I would buy this for the rest of my life. The Guerlain scent is $250. :frown:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 am

Thanks! I have never smelled Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille but I am sure it's wonderful. :smi: :smi: :smi:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

citadel
primordial
primordial

Post by citadel » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm

fabienne wrote:Thanks! I have never smelled Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille but I am sure it's wonderful. :smi: :smi: :smi:
It's the kind of scent I could never buy due to the insane price tag. It also has more of a vanilla ice-cream with woods and amber vibe, but I love that Field of Reeds scales down on the vanilla. FoR is a great scent, Fabienne.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

citadel wrote:it smells like a sister of Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille!!!! It has slightly less vanilla, but it has that same gently, smoky, woodsy vanilla vibe. Love, love, love this.
Oooooh that's an iconic one right there, and now you're making me want to find my SDV decant so I can compare the two! I agree that I love the smoky, woodsy, vanilla vibe. Gorgeous!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

emma
archangel
archangel

Post by emma » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 pm

This is just gorgeous! I just wish it would last on me! I'm keeping it around, because maybe it will get some staying power as it ages? In the meentime it's greet for sleeping!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm

I rub some on my skin, then the remainder through the dry ends of my hair and it holds it for awhile longer and also helps the dryness of my ends which helps them to split less in my opinion. Also if I'm wearing something like a sweater I rub a tiny bit on my hands and then onto my clothing. This way it doesn't stain the fabric and if it's not directly on skin it stays around longer. And I love the smell as I move around when there's a little on the end on my hair because it's easier to smell that way.

Just a couple ways to help with that problem :)

emma
archangel
archangel

Post by emma » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 am

tarayvonne wrote:I rub some on my skin, then the remainder through the dry ends of my hair and it holds it for awhile longer and also helps the dryness of my ends which helps them to split less in my opinion. Also if I'm wearing something like a sweater I rub a tiny bit on my hands and then onto my clothing. This way it doesn't stain the fabric and if it's not directly on skin it stays around longer. And I love the smell as I move around when there's a little on the end on my hair because it's easier to smell that way.

Just a couple ways to help with that problem :)

Thanks, I'll give it a try! :)

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am

Smoky vanilla and wood, wonderful.

InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

This was a froppet in my last order (thank you Fabienne!). I wasn't sure I would like this when I first sniffed the vial, but I put it on and wow! To me, it smells like a golden (not fake or plastic-y or heavy) vanilla paired with (blonde?) cedarwood. This is on my "next order" list. It reminds me of summer art classes, but I can definitely see wearing this year-round. I think it leans more towards a feminine scent, kind of like the feminine version of Orion or Zubeneschamali.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh Goddess! I gave this one a proper test today. (Froppet). Yet another one for the FB List. When this collection came out, the notes didn't speak to me. Silly me! Maybe "reeds" turned me off. In fact, I think it was that. This is fabulous. Again, silly me.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds