The Field of Reeds

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Field of Reeds

Post by Maya » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Boudicca wrote:Oh Goddess! I gave this one a proper test today. (Froppet). Yet another one for the FB List. When this collection came out, the notes didn't speak to me. Silly me! Maybe "reeds" turned me off. In fact, I think it was that. This is fabulous. Again, silly me.

It must be in the air. I wore this a few days ago. Fell in love all over again. Mmmmm so good!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

I absolutely adore this scent! When you first put it on you do get a burst of peppery bite from the luscious mix of sexy sandalwood and decadent ambers. They mix together so beautifully it's hard to imagine the scents pulled apart. You do get a woody balsamic base from the ambers that offers a sexy, come hither, lumber jack vibe, yet it seems very fresh. He's not a fresh from the toils lumberjack, he's more of a fresh from the shower, but so infused with the sap and gum of trees he's still forest fauna. It also has the most sexy sandalwood note that hovers near skank, but is more pheramonic sex appeal rather than straight b**ch in heat. The scent doesn't really change much on my skin, over time the pepper does become a background note, and the musk is so well blended it doesn't even register. I just can do nothing but tell you if you like rich balsamic sandalwood scents this is a must try. Have no fear there are absolutely no pencil shaving in this scent it's just sexy wood in a bottle!

Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Post by Palmademallorca » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:56 am

For me, it smells like that : Image

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 am

Palmademallorca wrote:For me, it smells like that : Image
I thought I was the only one! It baffles and saddens me that (almost) everyone else gets all these beautiful-sounding notes that I just don't get. Evidently I'm anosmic to this somehow. :cry:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:35 am

Rarely but sometimes you can be anosmic to things.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:00 pm

I don't think you anosomic, I think maybe you just don't like sandalwood... becuase there is an element of pencil shaving in sandalwood, but I like it. Similarly: people who rave about the nuance of light lovely floral perfumes, when all I get is OMG STINKY HEADACHE INDUCING FLOWERS TAKING OVER THE ROOM. Lavender and carnation are pretty much the only floral scents I can stand.

good thing we have so many perfumes to choose from!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Post by Palmademallorca » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Anyway I like this smell. It reminds me of my childhood :grin:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:17 pm

gypsyjolie wrote:I don't think you anosomic, I think maybe you just don't like sandalwood... becuase there is an element of pencil shaving in sandalwood, but I like it. Similarly: people who rave about the nuance of light lovely floral perfumes, when all I get is OMG STINKY HEADACHE INDUCING FLOWERS TAKING OVER THE ROOM. Lavender and carnation are pretty much the only floral scents I can stand.

good thing we have so many perfumes to choose from!
I wouldn't say I dislike sandalwood. I'm very fond of Arc of Venus, for example, and Solstice's Sandalwood Vanilla is one of my top favorites. I simply didn't get much fragrance from my Field of Reeds froppet before, and what I did get reminded me of pencil shavings.

I tried my froppet again tonight, and maybe it had finally had enough time to sit and everything finally aligned, because I actually get a great deal of fragrance from it now. It has grown rather peppery and very woody; this is actually similar to my experience with Silver Sandalwood, which seemed like a very gentle sandalwood at first but seems to be growing more dominant the longer I have the bottle.

I'm not seeing the similarity to Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanilla that was mentioned upthread, but I may try layering them.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 am

This is one of my favourite blends, it's positively heavenly. Dry dry dry sandalwood and cedar, and the soft, non-sticky sweetness of the ambers, anchored by the pepper. The woods are very dry, which I can see how some might register as pencil shavings (blame the cedar), but my nose is in heaven. The musk blooms like magic on the dry. Such a winner.

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:11 am

Such a golden warm scent. For me The Field of Reeds is reminiscent of sitting at the beach near my house, log booms on the river with a warm breeze blowing over the golden high grass behind me, wishing the summer would never end. Woody scents are always comforting and I wear them year round so I can never have too many. The musk comes out in the drydown giving it a little sweetness along with the amber. The sillage is fairly moderate but I can still smell the woods 5 hours later.