The Field of Reeds

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Field of Reeds

Post by Maya » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:24 pm

sillageslut wrote:Woody scents are always comforting and I wear them year round so I can never have too many.
I'm glad to see that others feel the same way. I have so many notes that I love that tend to be all over the place, but the ones I come back to always when I need comforting or something cozy are woody (or wood puddingesque). It seems to connect to and soothe something more primal within me. Perhaps we are really dryads?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Maya wrote:
sillageslut wrote:Woody scents are always comforting and I wear them year round so I can never have too many.
I'm glad to see that others feel the same way. I have so many notes that I love that tend to be all over the place, but the ones I come back to always when I need comforting or something cozy are woody (or wood puddingesque). It seems to connect to and soothe something more primal within me. Perhaps we are really dryads?
A dryad lol, my Mom probably thought so, when I was a kid she said I spent more time in a tree than on the ground. I feel sorry for the people who only get "pencil shavings" from woody scents. For me my perfume oils are so much more than how they make me smell. I love how they make me feel. Throughout my life the smell of wood always stirs happy and comforting feelings. I especially love the way Fabienne blends woody and foody together like in Howl, Heka & Theodora. I can hardly wait until the autumn and Halloween collection is out, I'm sure we will see some vanilla/wood and chocolate/wood soon. Throw in some incense and I will be in heaven.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:22 am

Adding to the general woods love. And likewise, sillageslut, I feel for people who only get the "pencil shavings" thing. Woods are grounding, comforting and always beautiful, to me. I think the only time I've ever actively disliked a cedar scent was Bpal's Ventriloquist Dummy, which was actually SO dry it was suffocating - like being locked in the damn Dummy's box with no ventilation. And I love dry! But I met my match with that one.

Field of Reeds is a good dry.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 am

Posting a review by proxy:

I gave my mom a sample of this this week. Today she greeted me with, "Smell meeeeee." I did, and wow! She smelled amazing. She had me guess what she was wearing and I was baffled. It smelled familiar...but not. She finally told me it was Field of Reeds, and once again I was amazed at how a perfume can smell so different on two (even related) people.

On my mom, this goes chypre dry and doesn't get the sweetness that rises on my skin. On her the black pepper pops and rounds out with the ambers and the wood plays a supporting and smooth note. It smells similar to what it's like when it's on me, but side by side on us both you would think we had different perfumes on. I REALLY like how dry it goes on her, and the depth the pepper brings out for her. It's fantastically blended with the ambers, and I really love how it dries down on her skin. She couldn't stop saying how much she loved it. :hrt::
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:03 am

I love this sooo much! It's a touch sweet, woody but in a papery way and faintly spicey. Amazing. I need to try it a few more stimes but this may be one of my new favorite possets.

herparents
a spark
a spark

Post by herparents » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:03 am

Almost all amber and paper. It smells like how I imagine papyrus being baked in the sun would smell -- hot and papery and brown. I really like this, even though it's not what I usually wear. The throw is quite good and lasts for a few hours, actually getting stronger after it dries.

mes
a spark
a spark

Post by mes » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:49 pm

BF smelled vanilla at the outset, I was all amber amber! Now, three hours in, the sweet, dry woodiness is sooo comforting. I bought a full bottle based on a whiff from a sample that pulled me in right away! This is a scent that gets noticed, in a subtle, smile-inducing way!

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 pm

I. Love. This. Perfume! It really is comforting, grounding and relaxing. A perfect scent for weekend joyful memory creation adventures. This is what I want my world to smell like.

I have neglected the permanent blends in favor of the Retours. I finally picked up this and some naturals because of the Labor Day sale. So glad I did.
:eyeroll: