Lovechild - Sweetbaby

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Lovechild - Sweetbaby

Post by gypsyjolie »

Vanilla concentrated with lavender and amber. A simple but unforgettable gorgeous blend. Sometimes the most fetching combinations are just all about the quality of the ingredients, and this is one of them. Would be fabulous caught in your favorite sweater.

wet: soft soft soft vanilla-amber

drying on skin: The lavender is there now, but it is so muted for lavender! It's more like those lavender-vanilla baby lotions than a lavender perfume oil. Super soft and snuggly scent.

full drydown: The amber is what I smell in the throw as this sits on my skin and heats up a little. This is a predominantly vanilla-amber scent, soft as cashmere and almost powdery in its softness. Warm, feminine, snuggly, comforting. The lavender has all but disappeared into the scent. The throw is pretty good once your body heat warms it up.

This is a "safe" perfume. It's sweet and soft and feminine, but has very little throw and won't offend anyone. Like tarayvonne says, it's safe to snuggle a child to you when wearing this scent.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Re: Lovechild - Sweetbaby (Yule 2012)

Post by gypsyjolie »

adding tarayvonne's reply from the general Yule Reviews thread....
tarayvonne wrote:This will need moved probably but I thought I'd start it up now that people are getting in their first orders.

I just got in Lovechild-Sweetbaby.

Possets Description:
"Vanilla concentrated with lavender and amber. A simple but unforgettable gorgeous blend. Sometimes the most fetching combinations are just all about the quality of the ingredients, and this is one of them. Would be fabulous caught in your favorite sweater."

This is rather Heavenly, snuggly, child-like and innocent. The softest, gentlest non-harsh or too herbal lavender mixes with vanilla cake batter and dreamy amber. Quite simple, very light. Somehow this reminds me big time of The Scent of Angels but with a hint of Lavender mixed in. I feel it's a bit too light for me but it is very nice anyway-I'm just more into heavier scents. Lavender Pepys will still be my ultimate lavender for now but this does smell more like lavender whereas Lavender Pepys tends to smell almost coco-like. The lavenders here are different for sure.

Anyone who loved the Scent of Angels should rush to buy this because they are similar in feel. This would be great for times of stress, or to induce a good night's sleep. And great should you have small children who would be snuggled up to your chest because it is light and comforting and won't gag them :) Lovely :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I really love this one! The lavender is strongest when wet, then it subsides into the amber-vanilla blend. This is a very comforting blend, warm and soft. The lavender is very, very subtle once this dries. I would say that even those who aren't big lavender lovers should at least try this, they may end up loving it! I don't get a strong vanilla vibe from this either, although it is present. The amber used here is the true star. The vanilla adds it's sweetness, and the lavender wafts peacefully through the amber. So far this one and Silver Amber are my favorites of the Dark Revels.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: I get an almost baby's milk vibe from the amber, the vanilla is sweet and cuddly, and the lavender provides a little jolt but still is very soft and smooth.

On my skin: The vanilla and amber are dominant, and the lavender at this point is a bit sugared and very soft. This is snuggly cuddly baby soft. As it shifts, I get an almost bubble gum edge--I got that in an earlier fragrance, and I'm wondering if it's the vanilla for both although some of this one feels like it's coming from the amber.

As it dries: This is an utterly innocent and pure scent. I normally don't go for "baby" type scents, but I will admit that this one is quickly worming its way into my heart. This one is a newborn baby--all soft and warm and kissable. The lavender comes up a teeny bit for me here, providing a really lovely base to the vanilla and amber. The amber is powdery and very delicate. The vanilla is a cool warm (if that makes sense), and a little bit dry while still being somewhat sweet.

I don't know if I would wear this one out a lot, but this feels like it would be a go-to scent on any day where I need something tender, comfortable, and soothing. I can also see this being a perfect bed time scent (for snuggly dreams and fluffy happiness).

Despite being very innocent and comforting, there's something about it that keeps it from being totally juvenile.

As it dries further: The amber begins to rise up a bit more becoming the more dominant note, but I still get the lavender and the vanilla (it reminds me of Ponder--but in a very muted way).

Such an innocent and lovely perfume. More enjoyable than I expected--especially since powdered fragrances aren't quite my thing. This one makes me feel calm, centered, and super happy.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

This is a lovely gentle sweet amber, very soft... whisper soft compared to the strong ambers in Seraphim. Like most scents with lavender in them, i can't smell the lavender... my nose has been desensitized to lavender because i work at a spa. Sometimes i can catch a vague hint of lavender if it is very strong, which is not the case with this one.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This is so lovely! :hrt::

It's a perfect blend of soft lavender, sweet but not quite foody vanilla, and a wonderfully warm amber. Almost immediately, the notes meld together into a soft, soothing whole. This is definitely a huggable, comfort scent, and I wish I could bathe in it!

It does have a mild baby powder softness to it but, to me, this is the dry down of the amber. It's not a true powder scent; the amber just has a soft, light quality to it as the scent settles. The throw is good but not obtrusive and it has decent staying power.

I am so glad I got a bottle of this!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

This is why I pretty much trust Possets to handle lavender. Any other company - no. Possets - yes. Sweetbaby, to me, has a sharp little spike of that herb that pokes right through the vanilla and amber. It's still sweet, but not cloying and not as gentle as Ponder or Lavender Pepys. For me, it's more of a pick me up lavender instead of a sleepy time lavender. I love amber and vanilla, so this is a wonderful combo for me. The lavender is center stage in this though. I think what gets me about Sweetbaby is even though the lavender is more herb-ly, it's more like the real plant. I grew three varieties of it in my herb garden summer of 2012 and when I sniff deeply, I'm reminded of when I would go out and rub the leaves between my fingers and sniff.

Bottom line: Sweetbaby is a lovely addition to my Possets lavender collection.
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: Lovechild - Sweetbaby *Permanent

Post by thesibylqueen »

I'm kind of reeling reading the description for this one as I get *none* of the listed notes! I was given a sample of Sweetbaby with a past order and tried it on a whim, and I swear it is Silver Carnation, only...quieter. I get no lavender. Mmmmmmmmmmmaybe a hint of vanilla. No amber. It's surreal! I keep sniffing and sniffing and can't smell anything but that sort of sugared carnation!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Lovechild - Sweetbaby

Post by Minh Scent »

This was gifted with an order. Absolutely love it, especially as it is something I would never in a million years choose for myself. It is subtle, but warm from the vanilla. The whisper of lavender is just soft enough for a soothing lullaby. In fact, this is a scent I would wear to bed to welcome the pleasure of sleep.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lovechild - Sweetbaby

Post by fabienne »

Gorgeous way of putting it, Minh. :star:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!