Lovechild Gingerbaby

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Lovechild Gingerbaby

Post by tarayvonne »

I just posted short reviews on the assorted yule review thread for several others but I wanted to give special recognition to a few of them that rocked my socks :) Gingerbaby is my absolute favorite so far of what I've tried and I'm off to order a 10 ml after this.

Possets description:
"As winsome as a red haired cutie, this is fresh ginger nestled on a soft bed of pear and pure Madagascar vanilla. Beautiful but not cloying and eminently wearable. Pretty but not overwhelmingly sweet."

Totally foody, exceptionally yummy is all I can say. This is olfactory heaven for me. Pear, without a hint of tin can, just luscious pear. Light sweet ginger, fantastic vanilla (exceptionally good vanilla), and no it's not too sweet but just enough. Very simple, long lasting, decent throw. I wore this to bed because my stress level was high and I was sad and I thought it might help a little. The cat woke me up awhile ago and I could smell this like a lovely halo surrounding me with comfort. I felt better. Aromatherapy does work :) I absolutely adore this perfume. Simple and purely comforting. The best I've tried so far of the Lovechild series hands down.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lovechild Gingerbaby

Post by Maya »

tarayvonne wrote:I wore this to bed because my stress level was high and I was sad and I thought it might help a little. The cat woke me up awhile ago and I could smell this like a lovely halo surrounding me with comfort. I felt better. Aromatherapy does work :) I absolutely adore this perfume. Simple and purely comforting. The best I've tried so far of the Lovechild series hands down.
:hrt:: You made me teary. I'm so glad Gingerbaby helped.

I was finally able to place my order last night. I had to pare it down from some of the ones I had planned on getting, but this one was at the top of the list from the very beginning, and it couldn't wait to get in my cart. And now, I can't wait until it gets into my hot little hands. I was really looking forward to it, and after reading your review I'm even more impatient.

I love when perfumes love me back, and so many from here do. It makes life livable.

On a side note, my husband and I have been unable to have children, but I've always wanted a red-haired child (with our genes, the odds would be great for that). We've talked about our lovely "ginger" babies and what we would do if we were parents (we're still considering adoption), and as soon as I saw the name of this one, I had to have it. HAD. TO. I told my husband that I was finally going to have my ginger baby. Maybe it will bring us some good luck? :wink:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Gingerbaby is delicious creamy vanilla with a hint of ginger and pear on me. It is very warm and comforting. The rich, creamy vanilla in this is just swoonworthy. And the ginger is very soft and unassuming, once dry I can barely even pick it out. This isn't one of those bright, almost citrusy, ginger blends. I do enjoy those bright ginger blends too, but this is a lovely way to have ginger that isn't quite so zesty! Another winner from the Dark Revels! I am going to find it difficult to vote for only three to keep as permanent Possets.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Maya wrote:On a side note, my husband and I have been unable to have children, but I've always wanted a red-haired child (with our genes, the odds would be great for that). We've talked about our lovely "ginger" babies and what we would do if we were parents (we're still considering adoption), and as soon as I saw the name of this one, I had to have it. HAD. TO. I told my husband that I was finally going to have my ginger baby. Maybe it will bring us some good luck? :wink:
I'm sorry to hear that Maya, from what little I've read on here from you I think you would make a good Mommy. You obviously have the heart for it. I used to be a foster parent, years ago when my husband and I were just starting out as parents with our first child. I can tell you this, should you take that route you would end up with very young children (and you can specify what ages you will take in) we took all ages but often got babies or very young toddlers. It often happened that the children were reunited with parents who then lost them again after awhile because they were awful parents. In the short while we were doing it, we had two sets of very young children (one a newborn baby) become available for adoption. We were too young to deal with anything but short term care (I was 21 years old at the time, my husband was 23 and our son was a baby). But those kids were adopted out to families in the foster care system very quickly. It might be something to consider for you. These kids are from bad situations, and most of them were a little shell shocked to be in a stable home environment if they were older and used to the mess at home. It was difficult the older they were to adjust to a new home. But the little ones were very adaptable and fell right into our way of living. We had some hard times with some of the older kids who really rebelled and hated being moved from the homes they were used to. But it's very very rewarding work if you have the patience for it and you get to see what it's like to have a child in your home before you decide sight unseen on adoption. Just an idea for you. A lot of kids need a good home and love out there right now.
Last edited by tarayvonne on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

tarayvonne wrote:A lot of kids need a good home and love out there right now.
Very very true. I have a friend who is a social worker, and she keeps telling me we need to get involved. We've been giving it a lot of thought lately.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

Your review convinced me to order Gingerbaby... I hadn't considered it before because ginger and I usually don't get along.

As an aside to Maya:

My niece and her husband are foster parents. Right now they have three young children. Like tarayvonne said, they're children from extremely difficult situations... one was the product of incest and all three were "crack" babies. But they're in a super home now. There are so many children who desperately need a good home; my niece has had to say no to more children quite a lot. Fostering might be a wonderful option for you, especially if you can get a toddler.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I lost my head over this one this morning. I was going to do several test spots with this and several others, but I tried this one on first and had to keep slathering it all over because it's simply too scrumptious.

The way this is blended is divine. The ginger is a super soft kiss. The pear is luscious. The vanilla is rich and smooth and sweet. Together, these three are cuddly and happy and so so pretty. It's very delicate on me, and doesn't have much throw, but every time I get a whiff it melts me. I put it on over three hours ago, and it still riding on my skin so beautifully.

Love. Love, love, love!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Last night we went to a friend's house for an (always) epic bonfire. I slathered myself in Gingerbaby (didn't want to offend the people I didn't know that would be there with something stronger). At one point, I went inside to warm my feet, and had my lap immediately confiscated by a beautiful orange tabby. She snuggled right down, started to purr, and then I felt her licking my wrist. She sniffed my arm a bit, and finally stuck her nose right in my wrist where I had applied Gingerbaby and went to sleep.

I sat there grinning in an empty house over the fact that Gingerbaby is even kitteh approved. I felt so loved--although I have a sneaking suspicion it was really the perfume. :hrt::
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I wore this one (again--can't seem to stop with this one) to my chiropractor's office today. When I stepped up to sign in, the office manager said, "Oh! You smell SO good!"

Later, she told me again, "I don't mean to be creepy or anything, but you smell amazing."

Perhaps this one should come with a label: "Warning may cause people to want to get really close to you." :)
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Maya wrote:Last night we went to a friend's house for an (always) epic bonfire. I slathered myself in Gingerbaby (didn't want to offend the people I didn't know that would be there with something stronger). At one point, I went inside to warm my feet, and had my lap immediately confiscated by a beautiful orange tabby. She snuggled right down, started to purr, and then I felt her licking my wrist. She sniffed my arm a bit, and finally stuck her nose right in my wrist where I had applied Gingerbaby and went to sleep.

I sat there grinning in an empty house over the fact that Gingerbaby is even kitteh approved. I felt so loved--although I have a sneaking suspicion it was really the perfume. :hrt::
Such a gorgeous story, love the ginger kittehs!!! :hrt:: :hrt::