Lovechild Gingerbaby

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Re: Lovechild Gingerbaby

Post by AthenaRose »

Without a doubt my favourite so far out of the Yules that i've tried (haven't got the 2nd batch of decants yet). Yummy! This makes me want to bake a pear-ginger pie, and top off a steaming slice with vanilla ice cream. So rich and deep. The ginger-pear pairing is drool-worthy. My husband loves it too. :hrt::
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This is just as good as everyone says it is! Delicious. :hrt::

There's a sweet, creamy sweetness to this without being foody. I was originally leary of the pear but, oddly enough, it doesn't really register as pear to me. In fact, if I didn't know that was a key note, I wouldn't have picked it out myself. Instead, I get baked fresh ginger with a dash of sugar and a warm vanilla base, all combined with a fresh fruitiness that must be the pear. This is a much brighter scent than I expected. It's not a heavy foody by any means. The ginger almost smells 'sparkling', if that makes any sense.

Decent throw but limited staying power. Definitely worth reapplying or adding to a scent locket.

Really lovely stuff!
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

This is a sweet (but not candy-sweet), smooth, light blend of vanilla and pear, with a little zing from the ginger. It's a ginger root or ginger tea ginger, not ginger snaps. It's very well-balanced - the sweet elements aren't too syrupy and neither the vanilla nor the pear drowns out the other. The ginger is fairly light, but it adds a nice zest.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

me right now :heartrise: I love this SO much. The description makes it sound like it will smell like a baked pear tart, but it's not quite that; it's the freshness of pear with the zing of ginger and the tiniest smoothing of vanilla. It's like a sister to another favorite of mine, Gingerbread Whorehouse. Not the same, but in the same realm of foody scents that transcend the concept. So pretty!

ETA: I swear I did not read the review previous to mine before I posted this!
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

I cannot get enough of the Possets creamy vanilla. And I adore ginger, in all its forms, so this was a forgone conclusion for me.
This is absolutely lovely, with the creaminess enhanced by the pear, and dressed with the sweetest, loveliest ginger you ever have smelled. When you wear it, you do feel like a pie or cake shop, you just feel glorious, in the soft cloud of scent around you.

I am well and truely happy to have this in my collection.