Silver Amber

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

sertso
mortal
mortal

Silver Amber

Post by sertso »

"Suggested by one of the forumites, this is a no brainer 'why hasn't someone done one like this before" kind of a perfume there are 5 ambers (lemony, resiny, sweet, dry, and a pollen-like amber) cozying up to the marvelous base I use in the silvers creations. Stunningly smooth and dry but then again, that is just a backdrop for an almost candy like shell but it isn't really sweet but it isn't stand offishly dry either. It is exceptionally attractive and I am sure it will turn heads and hearts to what you want them to be."

And it's just as beautiful as I'd hoped! I've been a fan of amber ever since I first smelled it. And I'm certainly a big fan of Fabienne's silver base. The combination seemed to me to be almost ideal, and indeed it is! I'll certainly vote for it to be in the permanent collection! :angel:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Silver Amber

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: Ooohhh! Mmmmm! I get the silver base which is coming across as a bit green and a touch sugared, and a very dry amber. When I close my eyes and sniff, I get an image of an amber rock--craggy, full of character--in my head. This is no smooth amber like in Sweetbaby. This is a grown up amber with bite and a bit of attitude.

On my skin: Oooooh. Lemony amber, an almost wooded note (as if it's an amber that was stuck in a pine tree for years and is giving off some of that essence--although I don't really get pine from this, per se), and the silver base. Beautiful. Just wow.

As it dries: I keep expecting this to fade down some, but it's continuing to bloom on my skin. Dry, pungent (but very smooth), a bit of the pollen amber Fabienne mentions (which I was wondering about, but now that I'm smelling it that's exactly what it comes across as), and an ambery resinous note mixed with the silver base. Sweet(ish), tart(ish), dry, and smooooooth.

As it dries further: This *must* be a permanent. Seriously. Amazing. I am just wowed at how these notes come together to create this one. It isn't quite airy, but it comes across as having airy elements. It feels linear, but the more I smell it, the more depth and complexity I get from it. It has a sweetness to it, but it doesn't come across as tooth-achingly so. That lemony amber shifts and drops then rises up again and makes this really pretty.

This comes across as a classic fragrance. Iconic. Something to be worn for any occasion, and will be perfect for anything. Beautifully done! Just wow. Wow!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: the Silver vanilla base and a lemony amber

drying: this is lovely, and the scent "swells" with big throw. It's the very decadent Silver base plus a melange of light ambers. This is not heavy spicy dark amber, this is translucent, lemony, sweet, warm yellow or green amber. It actually lightens the Silver base, which I find a bit overwhelming and heavy, and to have a touch of the Play-doh to its vanilla tones.

full drydown: Beautiful vanilla-amber. Not powdery, but warm and soft and pillowy. Big throw. Very feminine, sugary-sweet, and comforting like fluffy cashmere. Smells vaguely floral (the Silver base always does to me - a floral/benzoin vanilla instead of a vanilla bean vanilla).
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

This is *very* good. The lemony amber gives it some sass and keeps it from being too powdery or pillowy-sweet, but it's not at all cologny or harsh. Highly recommended if you like sweet ambers.
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

Exactly what you'd expect if you're familiar with Fabienne's silver. It's that lovely Possets Silver we all love, blended with beautiful amber.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

This might be in for top spot as my favorite in the Silvers collection. It's beautiful. Amber is the perfect mate for the silver base. Lovely, lovely, lovely. :hrt::
Suzette
mortal
mortal

Post by Suzette »

Well, this has definitely nestled itself into position as one of my comfort scents. Gyypsyjolle was spot on when she used the word cashmere. I'm not even going to try to break this down and convey its beauty, but only comment that this is simply lovely. Now, pardon me while I grab a cuppa tea, cocoon up and go read. BTW....reading Alan Bradley's 'Flavia De Luce' series and on the latest ' Speaking from Among the Bones.' Who'd of thought that an 11-year old chemistry genius/sleuth could be so damn charming and enthralling????
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro »

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already.......warm amber on the sweet dry silver base we know and love. It started to snow today even though it is almost April and my woolly scarf is infused with this perfume.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by willworkforvanilla »

Silver Amber is a tranquilizing scent.

You put it on and sort of fall back and go “ahhhhhhhhhhhh…that’s much better”.

It’s simple yet beautiful. As a review stated earlier this does smell or feel like cashmere to me; soft, warm, pacifying cashmere. Maybe it’s an expensive cashmere scarf light pink in color with silver thread throughout.

I’m not sure where the “silver” comes from. This is my first silver blend, but someone said it reminds them of vanilla. I’m not picking up vanilla. I am picking up something creamy and something sharp. Gah- I want to know what it is I smell :(

The one thing I know for sure is that whatever the scent base she uses for silver….it is exactly that. It smells like silver. Or at least puts you in the mind of silver. This is fine silver. Delicate strings of silver, silver like the moon, ethereal yet familiar.

I think my brain just blew up trying to describe this silver note…so moving on to the amber

Amber is one of my favorite smells as long as it doesn’t turn into powder on my skin. This amber does not turn to powder. It does smell a bit of lemony amber. That’s just fine with me. However, it’s deeper than just that. This is exactly the way I want amber to always smell and sadly hardly ever does.

This has a good amount of throw. It doesn’t announce its presence before you do, but people could smell it on me at work without having to be right on top of me.

It is sweet to a point. It’s not super cloying sweet and obviously isn’t even close to foodie. This isn’t the normal kind of sweet. I am having way too much trouble articulating what kind of sweet this is. Okay yall..It’s sweet but isn’t sweet. Fershtay?

I felt the staying power was fair. I felt the need to reapply around lunch...but if I pressed my wrist close to my nose I could still smell it (and still can in wisps around my neck)

This just made the big bottle list. I want to keep this on hand at all times. I won’t always be in the mood for it, but when I am I want it in arms reach. This will be such a good scent to wear in February when it is so darn unreasonably cold here.

I am also biting at the bit to try other silvers. (Silver Sandalwood I am looking at you)

My husband also commented on it. He said I smelled good, without being prompted or anything! This is a very good indicator that this stuff is bad ass. He has a few Bpal’s that he will comment on but usually I have to force my wrist under his nose and demand his opinion on it, which is always “it smells fine”.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

willworkforvanilla wrote:My husband also commented on it. He said I smelled good, without being prompted or anything! This is a very good indicator that this stuff is bad ass. He has a few Bpal’s that he will comment on but usually I have to force my wrist under his nose and demand his opinion on it, which is always “it smells fine”.
You know when the husbands make a positive comment without being prompted that it's a keeper LOL.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!