Silver Amber

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Re: Silver Amber

Post by Narcisse »

The silver base isn't quite the same scent for me in this blend. In the other silver's I have tried I get a powdered sugar vanilla hinted back drop and in this blend I don't really. I get something soft and powdered, but it's more like fine particle oak dust maybe mixed with some mahogany and cedar wood dust. It's pretty, but I am glad I opted to get silver sandalwood as well in my six pack, because it speaks to me more. I do love amber scents, it's been one of my favorites since I first began sniffing perfume oils. I get less the "common" amber in this like in Dominions or Seraphim or Field of Reeds, this one is much more the hard wood used in furniture and in casks. It reminds me of the wood note you would notice in a wine or bourbon mixed with something reminiscent of saw dust, but the fine saw dust you get when sanding furniture. I don't get the silver at all other than there is something that keeps it warm and offers something emollient to prevent the dry sneeze sensation. The long range dry down is very soft and subtle, very enchanted wood in sentiment.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

This is exactly like I expected it to be. That musky, sweet, vanilla base with amber and warm,cozy woods. I do not find the amber lemony compared to the amber in Seraphim, Dominions or Huile of Fortune. The sillage is low and longevity is average for a woody amber scent. I could definitely do with a bottle of this.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This is a surprise; I was expecting to like this one, but not love it. I adore amber, but with the other reviews here mentioning a lemony amber, I was expecting a sweet amber and had an expectation in my head of how sweet this was going to smell.

Instead, this is a great example of Fabienne's genius - in her choice of this particular amber. As much as I enjoy the floral silvers, I prefer silvers that have a high contrast to the silver base. The sting of heat in Silver Ginger, the spice in Silver Carnations, and the divine dry green of Silver Chypre. The same brilliance is here with a wonderful, sharp, high pitched amber that has a perfumey edge when wet. There's still a sweetness to this amber, but not as sweet as a lot of ambers can be, and I'm not getting the lemony edge others mention. Sharp, yes, but not lemon to my nose. Much like Silver Chypre, the amber is the star and the silver doesn't overtake it. Perfect.

I'm loving the hell out of this and will be getting a bottle at some point. It's not knocking SC off it's #1 silver place, but it's a very close second.
Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose »

One of the first samples I ordered from Possets because I've loved amber for years.

In the vial - Perfume. No really. It evokes such a clear memory of something my mother wore when I was very young. It was my favorite of hers, and I have no idea what it was. All I know now is that it must have been an oriental, but that doesn't give me much to work with.

Wet - Sharp and heady ambers wrapped in a marshmallow-y cloud of vanilla musk. The ambers are engaged in a wonderful-smelling brawl for prominence; I hope that the sharp/dry wins out. I immensely enjoy Fabienne's ambers, but some of them turn a bit powdery on me. Silver Amber verges on it at times, but it's more of a powdered sugar than a "doompowder" as others call it.

Dry down - Strong, almost woody amber and the silver base. I'm so pleased that the amber wasn't overpowered by the silver. The longevity of this one is amazing, but I'll have to see what I can do about the sillage -- after several hours it stays closer to the skin. I want to lick my arm, but it's not a gourmand scent. It's just delicious. Warm and comforting and appropriate for all seasons (to me). An excellent choice for an everyday fragrance.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

This smells uncannily like Bath and Body works sensuous amber on me. Which is a good thing, as it's one of my favorite scents and smells amazing on me. It's just not what I expected from something with the silver base. normally the silver is kind of cramy sweet. It's warm, spicy without spices, sexy, hint of dry sweetness, golden and yum. I'll edit if it changes, but half an hour in, it's *good*