Nefertiti and Akhenaten

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Nefertiti and Akhenaten

Post by hill78 »

Hands down my favorite of the Valentines update. Gorgeous amber, my nose finds it very similar to the amber in Panic, but I prefer it here without the copal. I do enjoy Panic very much, but sometimes the initial copal heavy phase is a bit too much for my nose. Nefertiti and Akhenaten is so smooth and wonderful, it is a delight to my nose. There is a soft, warm musk here, but it is beautifully blended with the amber, not at all bright or harsh. I can't pick out the patchouli. This is a warm, golden, enveloping scent. Just lovely. An instant favorite.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

hill78 wrote:This is a warm, golden, enveloping scent. Just lovely. An instant favorite.
Exactly this. It's so wonderful. *Happy happy sigh
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I realized today why my nose was telling me this scent is familiar, it reminds me of Angel by Thierry Mugler. I wouldn't consider them dupes, just related :)

ETA: I love this more everyday! Haven't worn anything else since it arrived! HG scent here! I will be voting for it to be permanent, but if it doesn't make it I will be ordering at least one more 10ml!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This is such an amazing, seductive, addictive scent! :heartrain:

I get that camphor/menthol-esque edge when wet as others have mentioned but it quickly settles into a wonderfully soft amber and sandalwood scent that is just glorious. This is a true skin scent; it has minimal throw but lasts forever! As I move about, I get the most intoxicating hints of this, making me want to just glue my nose to my wrist! The dry down is golden and soothing. I have been wearing this nonstop since it arrived. LOVE it!
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Initially, it has a bit of the Necco-wafers quality I get from Bastet (spikenard?), but stronger, more bracing, and less sweet. It's rather brisk at this stage, but not harsh or cologny. The patchouli seems to be a spicy-incensy patchouli, not the super earthy kind. The drydown is a lovely sweet amber. I see why this is so popular.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

O.M.G. this is so good.
Seriously, I had something to say and then I huffed the back of my hand and every thought left my mind. I am soooo glad this one will be permanent.
Wow. Just wow.
And again, "WOW!"
In addition to "WOW" may I add *swoon*?
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Amber is hit or miss on me, but this is something I think I need to get, from the state of everyone's posts. It sounds wonderful.
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Nefertiti and Akhenaten *Permanent

Post by allegro_barbaro »

I love the camphorous opening and the wafting incense but I seem to be the only one here who detects a huge dose of vanilla. It is probably the amber and yellow musk giving this impression but even so it is a bit too sweet for me. I will let this sit for a month or so to see if it matures into something that I can wear. Everybody else seems to adore this so don't let my review put you off.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Nefertiti and Akhenaten breaks my heart. It sounds amazing from the reviews here, but when I try it I get only a big blast of camphor followed, eventually, by a faint whiff of dry wood. Evidently my skin is conspiring to ruin what has proved to be a gorgeous fragrance for so many others. :cry: I guess I shouldn't be greedy--I don't need to fall in love with *all* the Possets! :)
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This has become only the second Posset ever that my husband has requested me to wear - the other is Lavender Pepys.
Full bottle order on the way :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings