Morgan le Fey

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

moonarcana
preternatural being
preternatural being

Morgan le Fey

Post by moonarcana »

Morgan le Fey - Dark and richly incense-filled, heavy with spice and not tame, Morgan le Fey is the most unusual of the Possets' Arthur Collection and supremely attractive. Flowers meet patchouli and collide with spices. Instead of becoming a confused mish-mash it contains a singular character and is captivating. If darkly romantic perfumes are your passion, try Morgan le Fey and don't be surprised by its addicting properties. The most intense of the Collection.

I got to try this one over coffee and dessert today with the dapper Forspecial - he had just received his order of this and Nimue. As I was testing out a number of other scents, I had to plan for strategic positioning. Nimue got the dark underbelly of my inner right wrist, while Morgan le Fey reigned confidently on the top of the same hand. I was flip-flopping my arm as we sat indulging ourselves in confections and scents...mesmerized by the charms of these two powerful witches.

Morgan le Fey is spicy and warm - absolutely beautifully blended because at first I couldn't really tell what was what but I think I may have been distracted by Nimue's earthy vetiver for awhile...the coolness of Nimue is really in sharp contrast to the feel of Morgan le Fay. It takes a while for the harmonious wet stage to dry off, but after about 1/2 hour I was getting a strong clove note - really sweet clove, not the sharp dry kind. Then I must admit I was distracted by books and candles and driving for awhile. Now as I sit here nearly 5 hours later - it's hard to type while my right hand is constantly flying up to my nose so I can deeply inhale this magical potion. It's that sexy patchouli note standing out in a crowd of other ceremonial incenses...casts it's captivating spell on me everytime!

Um...I'll be buying a bottle of this one PRONTO!!!

*Moderator note: This used to be a Dreams of Avalon exclusive. It was re-released for Valentine 2012 and was voted in to become permanent.
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Morgan le Fey (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by forspecial »

heehee.....I was excited because I picked this up at my PO box right before going to meet Moonarcana for coffee and goodies.....so it was fun to share with her!

I agree that this scent is wonderful. For me, it starts out with a swirling, beguiling mixture of warm and spicy notes.....I almost think it smells foody at first, with a touch of cake or something. Then as it settles in, I'm reminded strongly of some of the fall/winter Possets, like Pomona and Winter Solstice. I do pick up the clove that Moonarcana mentioned, and also the patchouli that seems to be reminding me of Pomona. I'm not sure I really picked up on any florals in the scent. Last night before bed I really slathered it on, just to get the full experience. It was still subtle on me, but lasted a very very long time (it was still there when I woke up today).

It's a great scent and I'm very happy with my bottle! Fabienne continues to impress me with her creativity.
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Well, Pomona proved that I can wear some patchouli notes...

In the Bottle: Rich, dark patchouli. It's a darker, less fruity version of Pomona.

Wet: Heavily patchouli, with flashes of spice. I think I can catch the clove in it. It is indeed a very warm scent.

Drydown: Pomona was pacthouli laced with all kinds of fruity goodness. This one is patchouli laced with spices, and it works very, very well. Warm and dusky and sweet.

Verdict: I think I'll need to get a bottle of this.
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow »

If you enjoy patchouli, you will love this! Everyone above me in this thread hit the nail on the head about this perfume!

Morgan Le Fay is a very rich Pomona, with much more patchouli (YAY!), cloves, and spicy nut cake (much softer than the pecan notes some of us picked up on in the original Pomona). On the dry-down, there is something resembling mint! I didn't notice florals, but that said, this blend is fantastic! It will keep you feeling warm and cozy. :kissing:
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow »

Oh yeah...I forgot to say...patchouli is in the mint family!

Some interesting info about patchouli:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchouli
rhubarbbear
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by rhubarbbear »

gorgeous. warm and spicy and just such a lovely patchouli (and i used to be a patchouli hater!). it does have some foodiness to it, and i didn't notice any florals, either. but no matter! i love this one, i think it will be perfect for fall, and i will buy a bottle.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

ohhh I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this one. *makes grabby hands* Thanks Cat's Meow, I had no idea patchouli (one of my favs) was in the mint family! I learned something cool! :bigsmile:
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow »

My pleasure, Atropos! :beret:
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Gale »

I got a compimentary possette of Morgan le Fay with my MO order.

Wet: Smells surprisingly foody! Buttery, caramely, reminds me very much of BPAL's Gluttony and Cockaigne.

Dry: The foodiness steps back, and the patchouli (oddly) lightens it up and changes the whole character of the scent. Dark, mysterious, rich, and warm. I don't notice any florals either, but this one is so beautiful, it doesn't need a thing.

Morgan le Fay has bewitched me. Bottle!
bites_the_sun
a spark
a spark

Post by bites_the_sun »

Extremely foody on me - too much so for my tastes, unfortunately. Reminds me quite a bit of BPAL's Gingerbread Poppet in its warm spiceyness. I can see it being very popular with those who love that kind of scent though, so hopefully I won't have any problem in passing the bottle along.