Morgan le Fey

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Morgan le Fey (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by Atropos »

In the bottle: I agree it smells like BPAL's G Poppet. Yummy slightly burned around the edges cuz the cheap oven in your apartment won't bake anything in the middle til the edges are charring. :hungry:

Wet : the same. Yummy slightly burnt on the edge gingerbread, fresh from the oven. Oh my I love this.

Dry down: the florals start to bloom adding a softness to the harsh edgy spiciness. Just like Ms Le Fey herself. Edgy, dangerous, but with a hidden soft femme side. This is how I imagine myself to be. Hello Delusions of Grandeur? Table for one! :updown:

30 minutes: spicey, incensy, a hint of floral. This is much better on me than G Poppet. Alas Poppet and I didn't get along, it burned me, nice red welt in the cleavage for six weeks.:shocked: I have been searching for a spicey perfume since. I have found my Mecca. Oh yes, this is perfect on me.

Conclusion: I love this. It is spicey, and femme and utterly divine. And bonus, named after my favorite character in the Arthurian stories, especially the Mists of Avalon version (I always hated when they made an idependent smart woman the evil one). This is Morgan Le Fey, strong, independent, willful, and utterly totally a woman in charge of herself and subservient to no one. Fabienne this is truly a masterpiece! :beret:

Rating 1-5: 5+++
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Morgan le Fay
In vial: spiced, buttery, nutty gingerbread mingling with earthy vetiver.
On skin: the gourmand qualities recede a little as vetiver takes hold. But this is a sublime vetiver-it's not light, but it's not as deeply intense and all-consuming as many BPAL vetiver notes, in fact this is more like the vetiver in Wulric-velvety and chocolaty, but with that undertone of earth and grit. Then the spices come out more-ginger, cinnamon, maybe sandalwood too! It does remind me of gingerbread but it's more like the smell of gingerbread wafting gently and mingling with the smell of incense. I don't smell any flowers yet but I do get a hint of patchouli. Someone mentioned Pomona? It does remind me of that scent, only not as buttery-fruity. This is gorgeous. it gets better over time, when it becomes smooth and almost creamy, a gentle gingerbread scent with the same creamy spicy base as Guinevere, only with ginger instead of clove. I think there's a hint of carnation (maybe that's the floral?) or sandalwood or musk here too by now. It also reminds me of the lovely gingery base of Halloween (minus the smoke), it's very autumnal. The vetiver is very well balanced here-not overpowering but wonderfully grounding, especially with the patchouli…the only disadvantage with this scent is that it's a little faint on me-for once, my skin seems to be eating up vetiver instead of amping it! but other than that, this is a gorgeous scent.
SariBeth
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by SariBeth »

Deceptive Morgan Le Fey, oh how I love theeee! Let me count the ways:

In the vial, this is Pomona's banana bread sister. Sickly sweet, to a syrupy degree. Not at ALL what I was expecting from the dark description, but okay!

As soon as it hits my skin it morphs. Completely. It becomes an aggressive, in your face (or more specifically in your nose!) spice blend. Wow. I'm a little intimidated by it.

Then it calms down into a beautiful blend. It's patchouli, no doubt. It's spice. it's sweet. it's totally empowering and confidence inspiring! Maybe conquering the violent spice stage of the scent experience leaves me feeling accomplished or something.

And she sticks around for quite a while, always changing. I would call this unisex, but that may be because it reminds me of a cologne a boy I used to know wore.

I will require several bottles of this in my lifetime, I am sure of it.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This one didn't really grab me in the Possets' description, but when I read the reviews I decided to take a chance on it--this one was my "surprise" to give myself to try.

In the bottle, I get a deep very rich spicy mix. I can see why some describe it as cakey because it does have the feel of a very dense toothsome spice cake with perhaps a little bit of earth and grasses.

Wet at first application, for a moment I got nothing, and then I got everything that I had smelled in the bottle, but even deeper and richer. First thought: holy smokes this is like all the gingerbread cake scents just without all the sweetness. Second thought: I want to bite myself it smells so good.

I haven't always had the best luck with patchouli blends (some go to pickles on me), so I was approaching this one with caution. All I can say is, "Wow."

As it dries, it still retains its density--this is no sweet light thing--but it's a density that makes me think of decadence and mini cakes that are only about two bites because they are so thick and satisfying. I *almost* get a syrupy tobacco note from this one, and I can see why Whiskerwhispers mentioned earthy vetiver above because I'm also picking up on an earthy note mixed with that dried grasses that vetiver can bring to a scent.

This one is outstandingly delicious without being quite as sweet as the gingerbreads, but still retaining that spicy heart that drew me to them. I am bowled over by how much I'm enjoying this one and I'm so glad I took a chance on it!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I can't wait for the bottle of this I just ordered. I so so love a dark, rich, spicy patchouli. I am so excited!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

@hill78 I can't wait to see what you think of Morgan! I hope she makes your heart sing. :)
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Oh my goodness! Morgan is sooooo wonderfully spicy! I think I'm getting cloves and ginger? Thankfully this isn't "cakey" on me, I'm not so in to overtly foody blends. I can enjoy elements of foodiness in a blend, but I usually don't go for the straight up foody stuff. So I am happy to report that this isn't foody on me....it is rich, and very deep, and I can definitely see where Maya got a tobacco feel. The spicy and tobacco feel reminds me of expensive clove cigarettes, but without any icky cigarette smoke. I can't really pick apart the resins in the base, which is fine by me, this is incredibly well blended. Love!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Yay! So glad you love her! I put her on last night before going to bed and couldn't help but smile as I snuggled down for sleep.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

For the record, the Gingerbreads and ginger and spice blends normally are not "me", but Guinevere has me so in love with her clove that I had to try Morgan too. This is amazing! Deep dark clove, a bite of dry ginger (not the lemony fresh ginger), and a smooth soft resin-y /patchouli base. It all melds into a clove-y tobacco-y soft scent, with I think sandalwood and some musk. I don't get over florals from this scent at all. It's comforting yet sexy, natural but not foody. It's unisex - I think that DH would smell divine in this! Love love love.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Yeah, Morgan is delicious. I think I may put some on after shower. I need a 10ml of her, for sure.

PS- the current Possets bottles (almost identical to the ones BPAL uses, possibly like a mm or two shorter, do fit the wand caps from pilot vials! I have no idea if the ones from pilot vials are the same as the ones from the lab, but if you're looking for wand caps for the current Possets bottles, these will work!