Morgan le Fey

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Morgan le Fey (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by gypsyjolie »

@hill778, yeah, the latest batch of bottles that I got are the taller ones, not the short ones taht the Possets used to come in. I appreciate being able to use the wandcaps :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

@gypsyjolie I love being able to use wand caps. Toothpicks just aren't the same, lol.
citadel
primordial
primordial

Post by citadel »

I hadn't used this since I first received it, but after today, I'm starting to warm up to it. There was something in the notes that moved me the wrong way, but this time, I was more patient and let it develop. It definitely reminds me of a spice cake and would be beautiful in the fall, but could probably smell "off" if someone was hot and sweaty. I can easily imagine a beautiful, dark woman in a green velvet dress sitting amid her herbs and a next to a small fire.
InThePines
a spark
a spark

Re: Morgan le Fey (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by InThePines »

I love this! It's sort of a mysterious dark spice cake smell. I'm not great at describing scents, but this really is great. It's slightly gingerbread-y foody, but mostly just a dark, spicy, warm blend. Mmm! Better than I can describe :wink:
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Morgan le Fey

Post by willworkforvanilla »

Morgan Le Fey is wonderful. It's really well blended. It's so well blended it is sort of hard to see where one scent ends and one begins

I will say I am getting vanilla for sure from this scent. It's not a usual foodie vanilla. This is just a breath of vanilla. Also as another reviewer said...I do see the resemblance of clove cigarettes in this blend. Resins, and the patchouli is behaving itself. Lovely.

This would be a really great winter going out scent. Dinner, drinks, heels that sort of night...but also the sort of night where you are diving into the car because the night is so very cold. I love those sort of nights. And I love this scent.
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

In the beginning of this blend I do get quite a bit of clove giving the scent a burnt note, as clove bud does, and an earthiness which I suppose to be the Patch/Vetiver. I actually don't really love it in the beginning because smokiness is not something I really want to smell like wood stove's are lovely for heat not for scent. It does start to morph on me though and the patchouli and clove give way to what seems to be leather (like vintage gloves), nutmeg, and citrus . Nutmeg is on of my favorite notes in a scent because it offers both a spice factor as well as a musk, its name actually derives from the term nut musk. I think its creepy, red, tendrilous twin. mace, is evident here as well, but I surmise that off of the slight burn I get on my skin. It never goes through a phase on my skin where it's cakey on me, I get a kiss of muskiness and hint of orange zest which is most likely ginger and maybe orange blossom. The drydown, on me, is very similar to one of my favorite designer perfumes, Gucci Envy (for men) which I bought for a boyfriend, so could steal it; of course. Envy though could be headache inducing and that is not a problem here. It really becomes a much more complex scent as it wears. The patchouli and vetiver seem to just absorb into my skin left only as a hint in the far horizon of the spiciness. I think this scent might also have carnation in it adding to the spice and fattening up the musky aura. Unequivocally this is a unisex scent despite the name sake, which is fitting as Morgan was more man than many men. I don't believe in gender delineations in perfumery anyway, it's all in the person. I realized long ago either I could hope to find a man who smelled like the scents I like or I could just skip the man and wear it myself. I would say if you are someone who doesn't usually like "foody" scents and you're reading the reviews,please don't let that stop you from trying it, because I don't get a cookie/cake vibe from it. I was uncertain about that before I tried it and I am glad I didn't let it stop me from testing it out.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by chinacat »

Cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg against a background of patchouli. It makes me think of good quality patchouli incense. It has good staying power, too.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Headshop spice cookies. It is a perfect incense/spice hybrid. I love the spice as it does not overwhelm the other notes. It is long lasting and has some decent sillage. At first I thought this would be great for fall, then the resins kicked in and I think I would wear this year round, maybe only in the evenings for spring and summer. A must for any incense/resin lover but a great scent for any collection.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Update - This very much like Dominions with some lovely spice added.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Yup, clove and spices over patchouli incense. Starts out almost foody like a gingerbread blend, but a perfumey quality pulls it back on the dry down. Rather nice, and the clove is well behaved so for that I'm thankful!