The Arc of Venus

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Arc of Venus

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: The planet Venus makes an arc around the Earth which results in a tracery of a five petaled rosette once every 8 years! A very neat and beautiful manifestation of Sacred Geometry. In honor of this celestial rotation, I made the Arc of Venus.

Sexy sandalwood base flirts with black lavender, a very small hint of calendula, "abstract" musk, and a bit of sharp grey musk which i seldom use but which goes perfectly in this melange. Very grown up and sophisticated but with a flirty side that can give your encounters a "come hither" edge. there is a very slight animalic side to The arc of Venus and that is what maes the perfume so very unusual and attractive.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: The Arc of Venus

Post by sertso »

Normally, I'm not much of a fan of lavender. However, I really liked what Fabienne did with Sweet Baby, and here (to my nose) she has managed to make it even better than that. The combination with sandalwood is incredible, and add in the musks and it's very clearly going to be of my top choices. It's sweet, but not overly so, almost, but not quite powdery, and so engaging that I've had my nose to my wrist for several hours now. Certainly hope this one becomes permanent! :heartrain:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I just knew someone was going to post a review that would make me want this one immediately. :gaah:

:rofl:
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Maya wrote:I just knew someone was going to post a review that would make me want this one immediately. :gaah:

:rofl:
Yep, me too.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Ok this is a beauty for sure. Masterfully blended, wow, just wow. The sum of the parts just melt together with no sharp edges or anything that screams "Lavender! Sandalwood! Musk!" into this gorgeous scent that becomes something other than it's ingredients. Individual perfume notes combine into something that sings "I am beautiful, love me".

And I do, well and truly :heartrise:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Well, darnit, I'm sunk for sure then. :s:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I'd say this is probably a must for lavender lovers as well as those who might be hesitant about lavender. (Aside: I always want to spell it "lavendar", don't ask me why.) It is well blended as mentioned and rather sweet on me, but the sweetness is... not your run of the mill sweetness? I am wearing this for the second day in a row, which I've mentioned I rarely do, because I'm still having problems describing it in any way that is helpful. Something other than "perfume smell good!" you know?

Back to that sweetness, it is similar to a note/combo of notes/vibe? that I've got from a couple other Possets. Best I can do is it's like a slightly exotic candy. Not something you'll just find in any old supermarket or convenience store. I swear it reminds me of some actual candy that I've had a long time ago but damned if I can remember what/where/when. It is not vanilla/chocolate/caramel or overly sugary. Oh, and though I say "exotic candy", "exotic" is not how I would describe the perfume as a whole.

Random adjectives: Feminine, sweet lavender, pretty, springlike. Would be fine at work, nice enough for a night out but also ok for just hanging around the house.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

We need Maya on this one, she's good at reviewing. I'm having the same problem describing it. I don't get a candy association, other than a sweetness surrounding the "perfumey" smell of it. But that's just me.

I do know one thing, if this doesn't become permanent I'll be buying at least two large bottles of this. I find it so addicting.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

tarayvonne wrote:We need Maya on this one, she's good at reviewing. I'm having the same problem describing it. I don't get a candy association, other than a sweetness surrounding the "perfumey" smell of it. But that's just me.

I do know one thing, if this doesn't become permanent I'll be buying at least two large bottles of this. I find it so addicting.
Well, that just about guarantees that I'm going to have to buy it at some point LOL!

I really do wish I'd grabbed this one. Clearly it's on my mind because I keep heading toward my lavender perfumes this week: Silver Lavender, Lavender Pepys. Mmmmmm so goooooood!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

This is incredible. Straight out of the mailbox and on my wrist, this just jumped to my number one spot for the Spring line. Possibly one of my favorite possets of all time. It is gorgeous, classy, interesting....and very difficult to describe! The lavender here doesn't scream lavender, and the sandalwood base is so wonderfully smooth. I definitely get the musk, but I can't pick apart the two, and thankfully there isn't anything sharp or highpitched here (I was sort of afraid of the grey musk from the description). This is just so beautiful! I will be voting this one permanent :)