The Arc of Venus

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: The Arc of Venus

Post by jackieo »

I had to add this to my order this morning because of all the praise. I can't wait to try it :pom:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

hill78 wrote:This is incredible. Straight out of the mailbox and on my wrist, this just jumped to my number one spot for the Spring line. Possibly one of my favorite possets of all time. It is gorgeous, classy, interesting....and very difficult to describe! The lavender here doesn't scream lavender, and the sandalwood base is so wonderfully smooth. I definitely get the musk, but I can't pick apart the two, and thankfully there isn't anything sharp or highpitched here (I was sort of afraid of the grey musk from the description). This is just so beautiful! I will be voting this one permanent :)
Yes, Fabienne's lavender is awesome and dang! It's great with that sandalwood. And musk. Like hill says, hard to pick apart. Best to just enjoy it :heartrain:

Still not sure how I'll be voting. Hopefully I'll get my vote in on time This go-around.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I just reapplied after shower....my nose is cleared out a bit so I think I'm able to get some of the more subtle elements of the scent. There's something almost creamy....like coconut is creamy. Really wonderful. Maybe that's the calendula? Or some aspect of the sandalwood base. I'm not sure, but it is lovely!
MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by MollyG »

OK, I have a dumb question... what exactly is black lavender and how is it different from normal lavender? I googled the term and came up with information on a strain of maryjane with the same name! :huh:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

It's a darker and strong form of the lavender essence. It's more expensive than other forms of lavender which can range from green to golden color.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by MollyG »

Ahh -- thanks, Fabienne! :)
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I knew I had to have this one when I read the description, and it does not disappoint. :heartrain:

This is soft and sweet and just damn beautiful. I mainly get a wonderfully smooth sandalwood with just a whisper of lavender and calendula. There's an almost powdery softness to this, combined with something that is almost (and yet not) fruity. The notes combine into something that is absolutely stunning. Honestly, if I didn't know what was in it, I'd say it's a vanilla based scent; it's got that kind of sweet and sultry edge to it.

The throw is very good but not overwhelming. I was wandering around in a sweet cloud all morning. It lingers on the skin but I am greedy and just had to reapply mid-afternoon for me of the good stuff!

This one is the big winner for me. I adore it!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I wasn't anywhere near a computer when I was trying this, so I don't have any of the notes to go off of. Perhaps that'll make it a "cleaner" review? Who knows.

In the bottle: Oh my. Must get on skin post haste. It's soft and woody and lovely and sweet and something I can't pin down.

On my skin: This goes on as the lovechild of Orion and Indigo. Of course, I'm loving it at this point. Those are two of my favorites: Orion for its woody sweetness, and Indigo for the lavender and spices.

As it dries: Oh yeah, this turns into an almost wood pudding type scent with that gorgeous lavender threading through. It's creamy, woody, lavender.

As it continues to dry: The lavender in this reminds me of Phyllotaxis. I'm also starting to get a smoky quality from this with a weeeee hint of baby powder. It has a soft and soothing touch despite some notes that could be abrasive. This is mmmmm pretty!

Drydown: This plays around with the softness aspect quite a bit and once it's done shifting completely (an hour or so), there's something almost fruity sweet that hugs the skin. The lavender is now powder soft. This comes across as soft, sweet, and uber femme with a very low murmur of...hmmm...I believe it's cherries (like a very very muted note of the cherry chapstick from Meltbaby) threading through the lavender. The wood note has turned to powder and mixes with that lavender in a very femme way.

Final dry down (hours later): This comes across now as super clean and almost rain-fresh showered skin (in softness) with a faint trace of soap and a tiny vibe of that cherry chapstick licking around the edges.

I think this is probably one of the most femme (like uber dedicated to femme without any masculine edges at all) perfume I've gotten here (or, at least that's how it plays out on my skin). This is no femme like flower gardens and white hats or summer dresses, or even vampy kicky black dress type femme wearing red lipstick, or mother and baby softness femme. This is like the essence of all of those--every bit of femme--all packed up into one little bottle. Normally, I don't gravitate toward super feminine scents, but this one, oh yeah, this one would be an exception to the rule. It's yummmm.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I spilled a little of this yesterday and so ended up rubbing the oil into my forearms like it was lotion. SO GOOD. It was storming yesterday with torrential rain but I smelled like heaven! I had to wear it again today. It's such an amazing, comfy, beautiful scent. :heartrain:
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I agree with Maya. It is a woodsy lavender. So gorgeous. :rose4u: