Phyllotaxis

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Phyllotaxis

Post by hill78 »

I have come to the determined that my skin likes to eat coffee notes, which is a-ok, as they generally tend to be almost too bitter and strong for me in many cases. Phyllotaxis opens with harsh, bitter coffee. I can definitely see what Maya means by halitosis coffee breath. Thankfully that note burns away very quickly on me. I can still catch a whiff of coffee, but is nowhere near as strong and bitter as the initial blast in the bottle. I almost feel like I smell a hint of that camphor-ish note that I get in the early application of Nefertiti and Ankenahten. After the initial blast of coffee, I am left with a warm, sweet, slightly musky scent that is very lovely. I can certainly see this being very addictive :)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Phylotaxis give me no coffee, really. Or maybe it's that after the rich wonderfulness that is Italian Roast beans in QI, it's hard for my nose to catch the smoother softer Kona in Phylo. What I do get is, in just a short time, Lapsang Shouchong tea from last years Spring Possets. That fantastic, spot on creation of Fabienne's that created my favorite tea in a perfume. This is Lapsang resurrected with the other notes to create a beautiful scent. I hope this one makes it, so I can have my Lapsang back. And thanks to the lovely Maya, for sending me a sample to try. :heartrise:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I had to post again, once I got my own bottle and tried it again. Now I smell the Kona. It's faint, and hard to detect. It's not in your face, stick your nose in the bag of beans that QI or even the one of BPAL's, whose name escapes me, part of the Lovecraft series I think. The Kona stays in the background and just quietly supports the very bold smokey notes of Lapsang. I am totally smitten. :heartrain:
Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Anoxia »

I was so startled by this scent the first time I smelled it that I almost dropped the poppet! This smells just like my weird nudist father! I only remember seeing him in person a few times, but he is a big hugger (when clothed), and smelling this immediately felt like I was being squeezed in his arms. I always thought he smelled like cigarettes, but I was wrong, he must smell like coffee and lavender and whatever else is in here. Instead of Phyllotaxis this one could be named "Harold the Nudist" after him. Love you dad!
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Anoxia wrote:I was so startled by this scent the first time I smelled it that I almost dropped the poppet! This smells just like my weird nudist father! I only remember seeing him in person a few times, but he is a big hugger (when clothed), and smelling this immediately felt like I was being squeezed in his arms. I always thought he smelled like cigarettes, but I was wrong, he must smell like coffee and lavender and whatever else is in here. Instead of Phyllotaxis this one could be named "Harold the Nudist" after him. Love you dad!
I think I like the name "Harold the Nudist" and that is what I shall call this. I am enjoying this fragrance much more than I thought I would after the 2nd try. First it's coffee, then it's tea, then It's coffee, then tea. It's like drinking a chai tea latte inside Starbucks. I really really like the coffee. The chai tea is nice except for the citrusy astringent part. The black and brown musks are a favorite of mine and they are so nice in this blend. The lavender, hyssop and cassia lend a helping hand to the spice in the chai. I can't believe how long this one is lasting on my skin. Hours later, after I had forgotten I was wearing this, I catch whiffs of wonderful coffee. Another scent I'm going to need a full bottle of. With all the bottles I want from the permanent catalog, plus I'm sure I'll want a hefty amount from the 2014 Halloween Collection, it is going to be an expensive one. Harold the Nudist is a must.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

A sharp coffee intro that gets wrapped up in a lovely smoke note and soothed with lavender. The spice and musks are there, but they're in a support role. The longer this is on, the smoother it gets, but the smoky coffee beans and lavender remain the stars and it's rather awesome. Loving that heavenly Possets lavender note getting to play with something that isn't sweet. Fantasic blend.