Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Re: Fearful Symmetry

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: banana taffy musk
drying: I smell carnation and warm, sweet emollient musk. This really does smell like BPAL's Morocco's cousin.
full drydown: Pretty. the banana dies back a bit to just be sweetness. The throw seems to increase, typical of oude. The overall scent of this is just gorgeous - big billowing wafts of a sweet, warm, musk. I swear I still smell carnation - not really spicy as carnation can be though. The sandalwood comes into the scent eventually, adding a soft undernote. This is a romantic scent. Actually, this is beginning to remind me of a more nuanced cousin of Madame X. I think it is the crystal musk. There is a hint of salt air to it as well, helping to cut the billowing musk a little. This is incredibly well blended.

Lovely big throw. Soft, sweet, warm, musky, very feminine. Use a light touch with this one - like Madame X, this gets very heady
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I had a friend try this one today. She immediately fell in love. It moved away from the banana much more quickly on her than it does on me, so I'm sure it will do that with others as well. I happen to like how the banana hangs around on me, and the way it plays into the base. This is such a lovely lovely scent. Mmmmmm!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Maya wrote:I had a friend try this one today. She immediately fell in love. It moved away from the banana much more quickly on her than it does on me, so I'm sure it will do that with others as well. I happen to like how the banana hangs around on me, and the way it plays into the base. This is such a lovely lovely scent. Mmmmmm!
Yep, it moves away from banana very quickly on me :)
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I got to try this thanks to Maya. :flow: It is lovely! I get the banana note, too, but it's rich, almost honeyed. It very quickly becomes a strong amber-based blend with that richness from the banana and a really perfumey flare. The throw is amazing and makes everything around me smell delicious! I wish I could describe it better. Short version: it's wonderful and you need it!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I love this one a lot, it smells very much like sweet candy to me, but very wearable.
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

Actually if I were choosing a BPAL consort I would choose Black Lotus. It has the bubble gummy lotus vibe going on and the dry down is dark amber-esque. I did not when I first got my poppet get banana gum, I did get the bubble gum aspect, but now it's been in my ammo box for a month, whoa Banana. It does seem more a synthetic banana in the open, then I just get the lotus/gum note and then its just gone. If I sniff really close and hard I almost get a woody incense, but it could just be placebo scenting. I think it; therefore, I smell it.... I do kinda like it, enough that I am entertaining Sig and Isso (I don't remember the spelling), however; it just disappears on me so its not FBW. If I were one of those lucky people with a flesh tone it would probably hang on longer, but since the fake banana hangs on and never gets to the finale off skin it's not workable. It does awaken me to new horizons, kinda reminds me of banana fajitas, which I like.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

That "banana" intro is such a challenge it's actually funny. I honestly wouldn't have persisted with a skin test if not for the other reviews here because no. But yes, the banana was the comedy warm-up before the real show and his set was mercifully short. This is incredibly sweet and pretty. Seemlessly blended, and looking at the listed notes I'd expect a darker result but this is all light and laughter and frollicking with Madame X's adorable kid sister.
Last edited by funkmoppet2 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

Wet-sweet banana and soft musk. Throw like whoa and maybe too sweet/much. perhaps I should have used a gentler hand when applying?
Dry down 5 minutes or so, less banana, more musk, but a gentle musk.
30 min- no more banana (I actually miss it)
This does remind me of bpal's Morocco. Only it's aged Morocco, with more throw and less spice and sandalwood that totally behaves! I really like this. And I want a banana single note now :)
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Nice, sweet, in the vial this actually smells kind of like red licorice. On me, this ends up smelling almost exactly like Haiku Gauze fan. Pretty and sweet bt not quite my thing. I relaly would have liked to get the sandalwood and smoke more.