Lord Byron--She Walks in Beauty Like the Night

Reviews for permanent Possets :)

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Lord Byron--She Walks in Beauty Like the Night

Post by Petticoats »

I never thought about white oude, but it would be great if y'all have pinpointed my problem note! I sampled Fearful Symmetry once and just found it too banana-y to sample again, but I'll give it another test with the sweetness level in mind and see what happens. Thank you both for giving me the benefit of your experience. :hrt::
Last edited by Petticoats on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:I never thought about white oude, but it would be great if y'all have pinpointed my problem note! I sampled Fearful Symmetry once and just found it too banana-y to sample again, but I'll give it another test with the sweetness level in mind and see what happens. Thank you both for giving me the benefit of your experience. :hrt::
I hope we have narrowed it down for you. It's so frustrating to have a note of doom and not know which note it is! :hug:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya, I think you and hill78 may have nailed it. Fearful Symmetry is staying super sweet on me after almost an hour, with that kind of high-pitched powdery sweetness I also get from She Walks and Rubaiyat. It looks like white oude is my note of doom! Thank you both so much for figuring that out. It was so frustrating not knowing why these fragrances were behaving so differently for me than for everyone else!

ETA: I added an explanatory note to my longer review to mention my oude sensitivity so that normal people will know to take my remarks with a pillar of salt. :grin:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

Love Byron, love the poem, love the notes, so what happened? Elimi did the bandaid thing. (shakes fist) Since I love everything else about this concept I shall keep the Possette in spite you, elimi. So nyah.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

A classic oriental floral. I get rose, violet, amber, black musk, and white oude. This is very much like Lyra with the florals added. The sillage is heavy and is very long lasting.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I could just echo what Sillage said as I get the same. Floral oriental, with a bunch of classic floral notes even though they're not listed. This is pretty, but too floral for me, and the white oude is turning this quite powdery on my skin. Despite the powder, it is very pretty and I'm getting nice whiffs of black musk, but it's ultimately not my thing.